2009 VX Front Power Windows - drivers won't auto! Fixes?

Bundy99
I'm new, be nice!

2009 VX Front Power Windows - drivers won't auto! Fixes?

Unread post by Bundy99 » October 14th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Just bought a 2009 VX. The front passenger and both rear windows will "auto" up and down but the not the drivers window??
Had a look in the manual but doesn't say how to change.

Any one know how to fix this or are Toyota the only ones who can change this ??

Cheers

Magilla63
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 2009 VX Front Power Windows - drivers won't auto! Fixes?

Unread post by Magilla63 » November 30th, 2015, 10:10 am

Same problem with my GXL. 2009 model. Started playing up a year or two ago. I find if I pull the switch back hard and for a few seconds longer it works. Sounds like a common fault. I'll pull it apart now and see if I can fix it. Stay tuned.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » November 30th, 2015, 11:01 am

If you pull it out, record all the part numbers on it, then plug them into google with make and basic description and see if china is the source of the units.

There are little brass/copper toggle contacts in them and they are a real PITA to fix ..........monumental PITA actually

My windows master control unit is $598.00 +GST from Mazda / Ford (and will take 2 weeks to come from Japan - ROFPML now) and $150-200 from a wreckers ( if you can find one )

BUT!! , Alibaba.com has them for $33.00 postage included - so I bought 2 of them , and they ARE exactly the same as the Original units. Took 5 days to turn up :crazy:

Not worth the hassles of trying to fix them if you can get replacements that cheap IMHO
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Magilla63
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Magilla63 » November 30th, 2015, 6:57 pm

So I pulled out the switch panel. Pulled it apart. Nothing stood out. Cleaned all the parts and swapped the left button for the right. Hey presto, the left window is now doing it and the right is OK.
Just for reference, the switches as described in the last post is nothing like these. I know what you are describing as it's very similar to the 80 series set up.
The 200 series are a button with four moulded posts underneath. These posts push two nylon rockers. They in turn touch a silicon pad with small contact attached. These contact a circuit board.
As I said, all I did was swap buttons, right for left. I believe one of the four moulded posts under the button itself is worn. It's the only thing I changed.
I'm going to try and upload some pics for reference. Just have to downsize them.

Return to “200 Series”