Problems with toyota landcruiser 2013 with dpf system

legendz
I'm new, be nice!

Problems with toyota landcruiser 2013 with dpf system

Unread post by legendz » May 6th, 2015, 1:27 am

hello I am installing an emulator in a Toyota landcruiser 2013 European version and install everything as the installation manual says but now I have a problem is that the vehicle is smoking a long white and need to know if anyone has experience installing this emulator below I describe it I made:

1- install the emulator connecting wire 7 says

2- a co-worker told me it is not necessary to screw the auxiliary injector requires the manual because it is only used for DPF regeneration (I have doubt that)

3- I do not dpf light on, or anything except that the values ​​of temperature sensors are very high and dpf vece launches check and says sensore failure temperature

4- the heavily white smokes rental car off to a point that the person is scared of both white smoke and everything was installed after the remuevo dpf and stop smoke

Please someone who has experience installing this emulator the seller has given me all the necessary support but do not go to road thanks

nilla60

Re: Problems with toyota landcruiser 2013 with dpf system

Unread post by nilla60 » May 16th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Interesting, took a bit to figure out what the emulator does. Instead of mucking about with servicing a DPF, remove the DPF altogether and replace it with a box that pretends to be a fully functional DPF.

How about looking at manuals from a range of different emulator? I am guessing they all work the same and another product might have better instructions or diagnostics.

You could also look at what sensor errors with the DPF create the conditions you describe, sounds like a temperature sensor is not working properly. I'd be checking the resistance of the sensor connection (ohms) and checking it against whatever it should be registering.

Here's a general description of how a DPF is rigged up and what all the parts do.
http://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/us ... L2_DPF.pdf

Sorry I can't help you more, I have an old fashioned 4wd without these gizmos.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » May 17th, 2015, 9:23 am

At a a guess, is the white smoke due to the injector for the DPF regeneration injector being open?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 18th, 2015, 12:02 am

All those DPF units work basically the same way and rely on the entirety of the diesel fuel & injection system functioning exactly as it should - and when working properly they are carefully controlled by the EMS & input from an array of sensors to just skim the upper limits of 'safe operating temps' for the engine & turbo too!!

It sounds like your DPF controller is getting a 'temperature sensor failure' message, and that for whatever reason (failed sensor or incorrect wiring) it's telling the engine management system to run the engine using the high temp/increased fuel parameters that boost the EGT which would normally help with DPF RE-generation, BUT your engine operating temps aren't anywhere near high enough to do that so you get 'low temp poor fuel burn' & the resulting white smoke. If you've got the auxiliary injector installed & wired up (BTW, this aux injector is ESSENTIAL to proper/safe DPF operation!!) then it's just pumping fuel into the exhaust, likely killing/poisoning the Cat Converter AND the DPF, and blowing out the back as white smoke/wet, unburnt fuel; or if the aux injector is not installed & connected the EMS is overfuelling at cyl temps far too low to burn the fuel enough to make soot!! Altho it could be that you've got air bleeding straight into the exhaust post turbo but pre aux injector, Cat, & DPF so that the exhaust temps are way to low to burn the extra fuel from the EMS & aux injector so the Cat & DPF are way to low to do anything but be destroyed by the wet fuel/low EGT.... :eek:

With the DPF light not coming on while all this is happening, and yet the in-cab temp readings showing high EGT's while the exhaust & smoke itself is screaming LOW EGT & unburnt fuel, or the DPF Aux injector is pumping fuel into the exhaust that can't be burnt.... either the temp sensors are well & truly stuffed or the DPF is not wired properly at all - or it's all stuffed & I've read the whole thing wrong! :o
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “200 Series”