Cheers
Dom
It is what it is.
Pedal down nose up.

stretch4x4

Re: How many sensors compared to 100 series

Unread post by stretch4x4 » May 3rd, 2015, 1:18 pm

I promise to stop harassing you soon Dom :redface:

As 4wd hobbit mentioned join lcool if you haven't most of the problems have some sort of answer on there.

In regards to your key issues I did some reading as I was interested, my parents have a 200 and had a prado with the same system and was curious as to the solution.
The solution comes in a few parts / options so bear with me..

If you went swimming with the key you would probably fry the remote transmitter but fingers crossed you wouldn't fry the backup RFID starter, in this case you use the mechanical key on the drivers door to get in and then hold the dead fob against the start button and it should still work.

So to have a key on the car so you can't lock yourself out you can store the mechanical key on the outside of the car as per usual but you still need a fob to start it.. you have two options for that 1) wrap it in many layers of foil, this will form a Faraday cage which will block the signal and the car won't see it and prevent you locking the car, when you need it unwrap it and away you go. the second solution is to take the battery out of the fob, that should stop it sending out the remote signal but you can still hold it up to the button to get the car to start minus the battery..

These threads might explain it better than me:
http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/995 ... oblem.aspx
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/spare-k ... es.307048/
Sounds like the manual might also mention something similar..

So have a play and maybe that will help relieve some of your worry :)
Hopefully lcool and some other threads might help with some of your others too..

Good luck
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

shaking
Here and there

Re: How many sensors compared to 100 series

Unread post by shaking » May 4th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Thanks stretch
I will try some of those ideas soon and let you know how they go, plus I'll keep researching about the sensors and scan tool.
Thanks heaps
Dom
It is what it is.
Pedal down nose up.

Return to ā€œ200 Seriesā€