100 series Diesel Filters

Toy12HT
Here and there

100 series Diesel Filters

Unread post by Toy12HT » August 14th, 2017, 11:22 am

I'm sure everyone is up on this but I discovered this completely by accident.

I have 2006 HDJ100R with a 1HD-FTE engine. I went to my local auto shop and bought filters and fluids for everything. When I took the diesel filter out the new RYCO filter is not the same as the existing Toyota filter that was just about to be changed out. The RYCO sits flush where the Toyota is recessed. I called RYCO and the lady on the other end was doing her best to confuse the situation by saying that was the old filter (Z252Z). The new filter, which is the old filter, is the correct filter (Z252X)......In the end she gave up, said she wasn't sure and she would have an engineer call me. Two days later I'm waiting for the call......In short, never use Z252Z or Z252X on your 1HD-FTE engine because you will never get the correct fuel flow.

So then I call CMI Toyota. The OEM filter cost is $72. I have several tractors and I always use Fleetguard filters on the CAT engines. The Fleetguard costs $17.20 and is recessed. But I'm unsure what micron permeability they have or the amount of filter media compared to Toyota OEM. Maybe someone else can comment there?

nilla60

Re: 100 series Diesel Filters

Unread post by nilla60 » August 20th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Interesting. The Toyota DIY parts site suggests there are differences between the 1HZ and 1HDFTE in terms of fuel filters, but I wasn't quite able to conclusively identify the correct OEM part numbers. I think Bob the Oil guy and other folk too did some investigation where yhey pulled apart various filters to look at construction and how much media was in each.

Return to “100 Series”