Cramped Leg Room, any extra Seat Rail Adj on 100 Ser LC?

jimmmyange
Getting to know the place

Cramped Leg Room, any extra Seat Rail Adj on 100 Ser LC?

Unread post by jimmmyange » October 30th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Hi, i just recently bought a 1999 Landcruiser HZR105 with just over 260K on the clock. Beautiful car and performance. Only one thing, I'm struggling to fit in the bloody thing! Its absolutely massive in terms of storage space, but its drivers? Im sure that toyota didn't really cater for taller people, its a joke!

Was wondering if anyone on this forum has modified or has had their vehicle modified to suit there needs or height. The rails will need to pass an engineers certificate i believe as well. It really is my favourite car yet and I'm looking at long distance driving but just don't see it happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

Roadwarrior
Avid Poster

Re: Cramped Leg Room, any extra Seat Rail Adj on 100 Ser LC?

Unread post by Roadwarrior » November 18th, 2015, 12:23 am

Are you serious. I'm 6 foot 2 and have a HZJ 105. I have to pull the seat forward 3 notches otherwise I too far away.

Rogers Cruiser
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Rogers Cruiser » November 18th, 2015, 1:05 am

I agree with Roadwarrior, Im overweight and 6'2' and I have room to spare.

If a shorter person owned it previously there could be crud (no better word) in the rails stopping you going back all the way?

As for moving the rails, its a painfull expensive experience, start by talking to an engineer and after they have outlined the costs, look into super dooper aftermarket seats (I bet they will be similar overall prices) and you might be able to get a u-buet new seat out of it.
'98-'06 - FJ-45 Ute fell over one day and didnt survive
'06-now - HJ-47 Troopy, restored and now daily driver.
'13-now - HJ-47 Ute, Farm fresh rust bucket, needs a restoration. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=152811

now - Off Road Box/Camper Trailer. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153968&p=1792444#p1792444

Dont listen to me, Ive got an opinion on everything!

jimmmyange
Getting to know the place

Unread post by jimmmyange » November 23rd, 2015, 11:28 am

thanks for all the replies guys. im 6-4 and i just really dont like sitting on the clutch. Bought a manual for its reliabilty compaired to auto transmissions.

Could really use those couple of inches. Might have to go with an engineering job as seats costs 1000+

James

Roadwarrior
Avid Poster

Unread post by Roadwarrior » December 2nd, 2015, 9:39 pm

I must admit. At first I adopted the classic race car seating position which is fine on the road but then learnt to pull the seat forward when I was negotiating tracks so I could get a better viewing angle directly in front. I learnt to just keep that position as it was a safer driving position.

Return to “100 Series”