View topic - National News - 4WD's are Good!

National News - 4WD's are Good!

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Avid Poster

National News - 4WD's are Good!

Firstly everyone effected by the floods all the best :-\

Now, on every news bulletin I seen today they all had roughly the same quote to explain the water levels and conditions....

"If your out and about only think about it if your on foot or own a 4WD!"

Finally the press to some degree has soluted some positive use for a 4WD in the cities! :D

HALLEYUYA!!! We've won one over scruby, if only for a few days!

Unread postby RedGQ » June 30th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Re:National News - 4WD's are Good!

[quote author=RedGQ link=board=1;threadid=10143;start=0#msg175873 date=1120124997]
Firstly everyone effected by the floods all the best :-\

Now, on every news bulletin I seen today they all had roughly the same quote to explain the water levels and conditions....

"If your out and about only think about it if your on foot or own a 4WD!"

Finally the press to some degree has soluted some positive use for a 4WD in the cities! :D

HALLEYUYA!!! We've won one over scruby, if only for a few days!
[/quote]

sruby: 1,456
4wders: 1

Unread postby Guest » June 30th, 2005, 7:51 pm

don't worry mate, he will find a down side for it.... he always does ::)

Unread postby Guest » June 30th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Avid Poster

LOL I just noticed how appropriate my avatar was ;D ;D ;D

Unread postby RedGQ » June 30th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Need to get out more

yeah but he will say the are a hazrd to the boating comunitee as there driving down the street(rivers)

Unread postby taziiy » June 30th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Avid Poster

Still, the only cars driving on all the reports I saw were 4WD's. In my opinion , and even if I'm the only one I'm glad I own a 4by because it gets me where I want to go... All the time no matter the weather! ;)

Unread postby RedGQ » June 30th, 2005, 8:01 pm

[quote author=RedGQ link=board=1;threadid=10143;start=0#msg175900 date=1120125713]
Still, the only cars driving on all the reports I saw were 4WD's. In my opinion , and even if I'm the only one I'm glad I own a 4by because it gets me where I want to go... All the time no matter the weather! ;)
[/quote]I have to agree with that. ;)

Unread postby Mick. » June 30th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Need to get out more

The downside will be that we will be blamed for making a bow-wave that drowned a couple of hyundai excels that decided they could cross too :-X

Unread postby baby_troupe » June 30th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Been here a while

LOL nice call Baby Troupe ;D

Unread postby Texas » June 30th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Been here a while

And it was those very same excels winching vans from underground carparks no doubt

Unread postby Broadys GU » June 30th, 2005, 10:44 pm

Here and there

anybody eles see that wanker sitting on his red commodore on his mobile, quote "Yea, I recon I can make it".

"Wanker", now somebody has to pull him out.

Unread postby ROBGVT03 » June 30th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Here and there

In regards to the bow wave quote, I use to live in townsville and in xmas 1998 we had a mini cyclone/king tide/flood, there was more damage to houses caused by bow waves by 4wds than the storm. The reason was everybody had sandbaged to keep out the storm water, all was fine until the next day when everybody in town with 4b decided it was a good idea to sight see, there was no consideration to the residents of flooded street, they just drove straight up and down the road and caused a bow wave and a wake. the water was being pushed over the sandbag wall and into peoples houses. Now I drive a 4wd, but it is these cowboys that make it bad for us all, a little consideration go,s a long way.

Unread postby ROBGVT03 » June 30th, 2005, 11:38 pm

Been here a while

Someone's previous comment.....
[Now I drive a 4wd, but it is these cowboys that make it bad for us all, a little consideration go,s a long way.]

The problem is, that there are cowboys driving all sorts of vehicles. I see a P-Plater driving fast through the city, I blame the driver being a P-Plater, it makes you biased. BUT, if there are no P-Plates, then you look at the lowered suspension, dark windows, loud, thumping music, neon lights on the rear parcel shelf... Then you have a new breed of 'cowboy'! Same thing with 4WD's, but people don't see the great things they do on TV, only the bad, they don't see the rescue vehicles, the vehicles that can take you to places 100's of Kms away from the cities. I reckon they should bad sedans with large V8 engines that can go +200 Km/H, far more people wrapping themselves around trees and power poles due to excessive speed that in 4WD's, or accidents involving 4WD's....but are they going to do it?

Unread postby michaelcarey » July 1st, 2005, 7:47 am

Avid Poster

[quote author=Michael Carey link=board=1;threadid=10143;start=0#msg176209 date=1120168055]
Someone's previous comment.....
[Now I drive a 4wd, but it is these cowboys that make it bad for us all, a little consideration go,s a long way.]

The problem is, that there are cowboys driving all sorts of vehicles. I see a P-Plater driving fast through the city, I blame the driver being a P-Plater, it makes you biased. BUT, if there are no P-Plates, then you look at the lowered suspension, dark windows, loud, thumping music, neon lights on the rear parcel shelf... Then you have a new breed of 'cowboy'! Same thing with 4WD's, but people don't see the great things they do on TV, only the bad, they don't see the rescue vehicles, the vehicles that can take you to places 100's of Kms away from the cities. I reckon they should bad sedans with large V8 engines that can go +200 Km/H, far more people wrapping themselves around trees and power poles due to excessive speed that in 4WD's, or accidents involving 4WD's....but are they going to do it?

[/quote]

Thats probably the most sensible and valid point made so far, about the V8's that is, of course they won't. Why because there is no need just as there is no need to ban 4WD's.
What there should be a ban on is dickhead drivers. Police should be tougher on the people doing stupid stuff no matter what they drive.
Speeding fines to joe bloggs doing 65 in a 60 zone won't fix anything. It the redneck in his beat up sigma overtaking you doing 140 in a 90 zone that should be getting caught. Some sort of hotline should be setup like the "littering" ones where you can dob in a dickhead with his number plate.
Anyway enough of my rambling.

Unread postby RedGQ » July 1st, 2005, 4:41 pm

Need to get out more

[quote author=Michael Carey link=board=1;threadid=10143;start=0#msg176209 date=1120168055]
. I reckon they should bad sedans with large V8 engines that can go +200 Km/H, far more people wrapping themselves around trees and power poles due to excessive speed that in 4WD's, or accidents involving 4WD's....but are they going to do it?

[/quote]
'
i see these comments as hypocritical here we are saying its a free country we should be able to drive what we like and in the next breath saying ban this instead. Ban none of them and let us choose instead

Unread postby boof » July 1st, 2005, 4:49 pm

Next

Return to Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's