Ask for/Recommend a 4WD Mech/W-shop - Quick Search

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
99hihulk
Getting to know the place

NEED SPECIALIZED MECHANIC!!

Unread post by 99hihulk » March 16th, 2013, 8:02 pm

anywhere within Australia i need a mechanic that has experience in v6 conversions and knows them like the back of their hand, any contact details or names would be greatly appreciated. :confused: :confused:

80Butts
Avid Poster

Re: NEED SPECIALIZED MECHANIC!!

Unread post by 80Butts » March 16th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Google is good
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/

Pat Gardner is well known in Street Machine circles for being able to put a V6 in just about anything that will accept one.

P.S if you are anywhere near Adelaide and need an Ecotec VS V6 for a conversion let me know I have a nice one sat in my shed taking up room

99hihulk

Unread post by 99hihulk » March 17th, 2013, 10:02 am

I'm gonna ring him on Monday just need a few other places so I don't get ripped of is all he would charge heaps ?

80Butts
Avid Poster

Unread post by 80Butts » March 17th, 2013, 10:06 am

Marks adapters..
Define heaps?
Nothing is cheap these days

grandpa axeman
I'm new, be nice!

Where can I find a decent mechanic to work on 4JX1 Jackaroo

Unread post by grandpa axeman » March 19th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Hi All,
Does anyone out there know any machanics in the Canberra area who are competent in resolving the fuel system issues with the 4JX1 Jackaroo Diesel?

I've read lots of stuff on the net about these issues, but can't find anything useful on who can actually fix them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Axeman

evaredy
Been here a while

Recommend a Good Mechanic in Perth?

Unread post by evaredy » March 19th, 2013, 2:02 pm

I really don't want to take my Dmax to the dealer and would prefer a good mechanic. It is a 2012 and is coming up for the first 3000k service.
So can anyone recommend a very good mechanic, I don't mind paying the money, but it has to be top notch service, preferably around the Morley area.

nilla60

Re: Where can I find a decent mechanic to work on 4JX1 Jacka

Unread post by nilla60 » March 19th, 2013, 7:21 pm

As well as the local places, there's Berrima Diesel just up the road. Many years ago my old boss would drive the distance and make a day of it. Denco is a bit further again in Wagga.

Not too sure what any of the local ones are like, but maybe drop in and have a chat and see how knowledgeable they are on the quirks of the Jacakeroo.

mimmo_gsr
Been here a while

Re: Recommend a Good Mechanic in Perth?

Unread post by mimmo_gsr » March 19th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Well the 3000 service is free of charge and the dealer should run through and "check/tighten" everything in the service manual.

If you want an oil change done they will do it, but will of course charge you for it.

If you don't want to go to a dealer then I would suggest a small private operator, where the mechanic who owns the shop does the servicing. I will PM who I used with my old Ranger, and who I will use with my new DMax.

Best of luck :thumb:

evaredy
Been here a while

Re: Recommend a Good Mechanic in Perth?

Unread post by evaredy » March 20th, 2013, 2:16 pm

PM sent.

When I took delivery of the car is was one stuff up after the other, I happened to be talking to IUA about a few things via email and when they found out about the dramas I was having, they were quick to intervene and asked me to verify things were done to my satisfaction.
So there is no way I am going to give that yard any business, because they couldn't tie their shoe laces let alone do a proper service.

nath151
Been here a while

Unread post by nath151 » April 27th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Check with mick at canberra diesel service
He had my jack in when the high pressure oil pump went and got it running like it was straight off the showroom floor

He is located opposite abblets transport in queanbeyan

Cheers

Nath

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 27th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Or you could even look in on Cooma Diesel Service in Fyshwick. Lots of fuel system places in/around Cantberra! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Scottg89

Decent gearbox mechanic in Darwin?

Unread post by Scottg89 » May 1st, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hey guys I've just moved here and have done the gear box in my cruiser. Wondering if anyone knows of a
Good mechanic in the Darwin region? Thanks.

Roger_the_Rodeo
I'm new, be nice!

Recommend good mechanic in Bacchus Marsh area!!

Unread post by Roger_the_Rodeo » May 8th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Gday all,

I am after some recommendations for a good diesel mechanic in the Bacchus Marsh area.

Also can anyone tell me what i'm going to be up for for a 200k service on my '03 RA Diesel Rodeo. I know I need the timing belt done but what else major and what will I be paying?

Thanks,

Craig

STEELJOCKEY
Part of the furniture

Re: Recommend good mechanic in Bacchus Marsh area!!

Unread post by STEELJOCKEY » May 9th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I think you'll find your engine has timing gears, which won't need replacing, but the drive belts (fan/accessory belts) should be replaced. Fairly simple to do, and not expensive.

Not sure about mechanics in your area though, sorry.
My 2007 Rodeo RA7 build threadviewtopic.php?f=27&t=76391
My home built Slide-on camper viewtopic.php?f=134&t=84792

voluum
Here and there

Mechanic/Dealership Dural area Sydney

Unread post by voluum » May 12th, 2013, 7:06 am

Hey Guys

We are going to be in the Dural area next week, and our 2012 BT is due for a service. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable and honest workshop in the area?

Cheers
Shane
2012 BT-50 GT with plenty of bits fitted.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”