Diesel Engines! Anyone tried CEM's Flushing Oil Concentrate?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
DrVal
Here and there

Diesel Engines! Anyone tried CEM's Flushing Oil Concentrate?

Unread post by DrVal » April 29th, 2005, 1:20 pm

I've got a Pajero with only 130,000km on the clock & it's starting to blow a bit too much of the black smoke.

I've already had the injectors done, it mostly fixed the problem but only for a few weeks.

I keep seeing the add in 4wd monthly for CEM's Flushing Oil Concentrate.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it & if it is any good or not? It's $90.00 so I dont really wanna waste the money if it's no good.

Brendan
4WD Action Staff

Re:Diesel Engines! Anyone tried CEM's Flushing Oil Concentrate?

Unread post by Brendan » April 29th, 2005, 1:56 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. I've heard some good stories about this stuff - but like you say 90 bucks is a lot of money to waste if it don't work. Anyone had experience with em with SD33's?

Unread post by Guest » April 29th, 2005, 3:35 pm

ive tried it, its snake oil, mine still blows smoke and it doesnt go any better, spend your money on injectors instead

Unread post by Guest » April 29th, 2005, 6:22 pm

i have spoken to a couple of people who have used it....... and they are happy with the amount of crap it flushed out of the engine....... unless your engine is in reasonable condition, and regularly serviced, it may not make any difference to the performance...... i know Nig did his Deo and he is happy. From what i read about it, it can help older engines that aer full of gunk.... mine is suffering blowby past the rings... this stuff is supposed to help that by removing the soot and crap that makes rings stick. It can only help if i use it (which i intend to do) even just to clean the crap out of the car. Nig said he notices a little difference after running the injector cleaner in his fuel.

Nig
Been here a while

Unread post by Nig » April 29th, 2005, 8:56 pm

The thing about the injector cleaner is you wont see any change until you have run a few tanks of fuel through - ie it isnt a quick fix and if the pump or injectors are too far gone it probably wont help much anyway.
In my case I started using it on an engine that was a bit smokey on start-up and had a rough idle - with about 130,000 ks on the clock. After a month or two, probably about 3-4 tanks of fuel, the smoke on startup was a lot less, and it idled smoother - plus it used about a half a litre per 100ks less fuel - so it sort of pays for itself.
It works for me

Oh yeah - the flusher seems to do a good job too - my oil seems to stay cleaner, you can actually wipe the oil off you hands with a rag so there is a lot less of that tar crap floating around the engine. I flush whenever I change the filter and my old oil is much nicer to be near than before I used the flusher.

DrVal
Here and there

Unread post by DrVal » April 29th, 2005, 9:05 pm

[quote author=Nig link=board=1;threadid=8568;start=0#msg147408 date=1114772180]
The thing about the injector cleaner is you wont see any change until you have run a few tanks of fuel through - ie it isnt a quick fix and if the pump or injectors are too far gone it probably wont help much anyway.
In my case I started using it on an engine that was a bit smokey on start-up and had a rough idle - with about 130,000 ks on the clock. After a month or two, probably about 3-4 tanks of fuel, the smoke on startup was a lot less, and it idled smoother - plus it used about a half a litre per 100ks less fuel - so it sort of pays for itself.
It works for me

Oh yeah - the flusher seems to do a good job too - my oil seems to stay cleaner, you can actually wipe the oil off you hands with a rag so there is a lot less of that tar crap floating around the engine. I flush whenever I change the filter and my old oil is much nicer to be near than before I used the flusher.
[/quote]
Yeah, I did try but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I will give it another go.

DrVal
Here and there

Unread post by DrVal » April 29th, 2005, 9:07 pm

[quote author=RoeDao link=board=1;threadid=8568;start=0#msg147348 date=1114762971]
i have spoken to a couple of people who have used it....... and they are happy with the amount of crap it flushed out of the engine....... unless your engine is in reasonable condition, and regularly serviced, it may not make any difference to the performance...... i know Nig did his Deo and he is happy. From what i read about it, it can help older engines that aer full of gunk.... mine is suffering blowby past the rings... this stuff is supposed to help that by removing the soot and crap that makes rings stick. It can only help if i use it (which i intend to do) even just to clean the crap out of the car. Nig said he notices a little difference after running the injector cleaner in his fuel.
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to hear what other people think about new products.

DrVal
Here and there

Unread post by DrVal » April 30th, 2005, 2:12 pm

[quote author=madmac link=board=1;threadid=8568;start=0#msg147297 date=1114752946]
ive tried it, its snake oil, mine still blows smoke and it doesnt go any better, spend your money on injectors instead
[/quote]

Yeah, I had them done, cost me heaps & made no difference!! I'm starting to wonder if they did them properly! ???

ferremit
Part of the furniture

Unread post by ferremit » April 30th, 2005, 6:54 pm

if your pumps up ***** creek (like my hilux's is) then new injectors wont do squat.

Ive got 20,000kms old injectors and the thing smokes like its 200,000km old injectors! its cos the pump cant produce enough pressure to atomise diesel properly.

$1200 is an injector pump rebuild for a lux :'(

DrVal
Here and there

Unread post by DrVal » April 30th, 2005, 7:08 pm

[quote author=Tirref! link=board=1;threadid=8568;start=0#msg147701 date=1114851270]
if your pumps up ***** creek (like my hilux's is) then new injectors wont do squat.

Ive got 20,000kms old injectors and the thing smokes like its 200,000km old injectors! its cos the pump cant produce enough pressure to atomise diesel properly.

$1200 is an injector pump rebuild for a lux :'(
[/quote]

I really hope it isn't the pump! I didn't need another expense like that ::)

Troopy93

Unread post by Troopy93 » May 1st, 2005, 8:16 pm

I have used it in my old Lux and the Troopy,didn't save the Lux motor as it was a ring problem, but it was as clean as inside when we pulled it down.

In the Troopy it keeps the oil much cleaner for a lot longer and you don't get the stained hands at the 5000km oil changes. Undecided about the fuel additive....
Cheers Troopy93

Dunk
Here and there

Re: Diesel Engines! Anyone tried CEM's Flushing Oil Concentrate?

Unread post by Dunk » June 24th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Try cleaning EGR and inlet manifold use degreaser hot water long flat screwdriver gaskets are really cheap at mitsubishi 2 x EGR gaskets and 1 inlet gasket then carby cleaner and dry with air compressor this is the cause of black smoke from Pajero 3.2 td l have hpd catch can on my NW and egr delete plug n play noted better fuel economy less turbo lag increased power engine running smoother bugger all black smoke also use quality diesel fuel BP or Caltex run a injector cleaner every 3 months works for me

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”