View topic - bt 50 bucket seats

bt 50 bucket seats

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
I'm new, be nice!

bt 50 bucket seats

I have got a bench seat in the BT 50 single cab but it is not very comfortable.I am trying to get hold of a pair of bucket seats to install in its place .I tried to buy them through Mazda(australia)but they dont want to know about it .I can get Courier/bravo seats(from a wrecker) but i dont know if the mounting points are the same as the bt 50.If I can get genuine parts the conversion doesn't have to be engineered,sooooo, anyone out there in forum land able to assist. :drink:

Unread postby new bt » April 20th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Need to get out more

I dont know if this helps.

I had a 88 model single cab Navara, it too had a bench seat. I found a 4 door cab Navara of the same year that had buckets and center console.

Would you beleive, the single cab had the mounting holes for bucket seats and the center console, everything just bolted straight in.

Maybe scrounge the wreckers, look for the same model as yours in a four door, and see if they bolt in too.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Unread postby 02-SR5 » April 20th, 2009, 6:17 pm

Been here a while

I would imagine the reason Mazda dont want to be involved is that the vehicle would strictly speaking need to be fitted with a new compliance plate showing 2 passengers rather than 3.
I agree totally with 02SR5 - chase up bucket seats from a wrecked BT50 dual cab or extended cab model- also get the seat belt centre fittings and if possible get the centrre console as well.
I ordered my single cab BT50 with buckets and the centre console - it took ages for delivery but well worth the extra comfort and storage space in the console.
BT50 Single cab

Unread postby drifter49 » April 20th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Need to get out more

drifter49 wrote:I would imagine the reason Mazda dont want to be involved is that the vehicle would strictly speaking need to be fitted with a new compliance plate showing 2 passengers rather than 3.
don't let that put you off, i changed my 105 series cruiser from a 6 seater to a 5 seater when i removed front bench and installed 2 buckets. cost me $80 at engineers to get complianced and then i had to go to Queensland Transpot Dept. and fill out a form which didn't cost me anything other then my time.

Unread postby rumpig » April 20th, 2009, 10:42 pm

I'm new, be nice!

I have a pair of BT50 bucket seats and mounting plates. If you are interested give me a call on 0427755495.
Regards John.

Unread postby Kojack » May 3rd, 2009, 5:16 pm

Avid Poster

Will still need engineering as you will be changing from three seats to two.
But as others have said not a big problem.
Seat from another BT-50 should fit straight in.

Unread postby FKT08 » May 3rd, 2009, 5:21 pm

Getting to know the place

Drifter 49, when you ordered bucket seats did you order the console as extra or did it come with buckets.I ordered buckets with my BT 50 single cab but got no console between the seats with it. There isnt much space in cab anyway so I reckon console for storage between seats would be great. Maybe available separately. Dave K.I {Kangaroo Island]

Unread postby Dave K.I. » May 3rd, 2009, 8:58 pm

Return to Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's