waeco cf-50 won't run on 12 volts

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
steveandviv
Need to get out more

Unread post by steveandviv » January 11th, 2008, 2:55 pm

grimbo wrote:fair enough then I've had no dramas with my Waeco for over 5 years. The only two I have personally known to fail were a result of the in car wiring.

Yep me to. 6 years, 120K 44c at the rock and still chillen the VB or Blonde
NM Paj - 2.5 Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Front ARB Locker

bshslt
Here and there

Unread post by bshslt » January 11th, 2008, 6:04 pm

Yes you are right that it fails on a hot day. I have had my waeco for 2 years and had it running 24/7 if not in car then at home.

The car was wired up with the raps 12ru so pretty simple to wire that in.

Also it was said that the error light would flash when powered through the coolpower 36 battery pack. This is true as i tried it with mine as well.

The service agent said that waeco put a 500amp polyfuse in and they replace it with a 900amp fuse.

Can't really explain why there hasn't been a recall!!

But as always the case it fails when you need it the most, i was away on the dirt bike and was very hot and the fridge fails wasn't happy!

Potta
Been here a while

Unread post by Potta » January 11th, 2008, 6:27 pm

I've seen this with PC's too.

A certain very well known brand released a desktop PC that had a fault on the motherboard which caused it to reboot at random intervals due to popping capacitors.

They chose not to recall them but let the customers know and replaced any motherboards that had the issue.

I think this is a similar thing. If it aint broke, don't try to fix it. Some may be fine so by not replacing every one at the same time they don't inconvenience every customer and they also save a few bucks on parts and labour required to actually change the fuse.

jedsute
Part of the furniture

Unread post by jedsute » January 11th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Potta wrote:I've seen this with PC's too.

A certain very well known brand released a desktop PC that had a fault on the motherboard which caused it to reboot at random intervals due to popping capacitors.

They chose not to recall them but let the customers know and replaced any motherboards that had the issue.

I think this is a similar thing. If it aint broke, don't try to fix it. Some may be fine so by not replacing every one at the same time they don't inconvenience every customer and they also save a few bucks on parts and labour required to actually change the fuse.
wasnt acer was it? i'm onto my third at work in 3 weeks
I Like Pie ;)
[url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=602&im=1]GU POOTROL[/url]

[url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?content=all&chunk=arbu&user=155]
[/URL]

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”