View topic - Navara vs Pathfinder

Navara vs Pathfinder

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Getting to know the place

Navara vs Pathfinder

Is the Navvy just a pathy ute?
And how would you rate them against the same year Paj?

Unread postby Jambo » September 2nd, 2007, 6:35 pm

Need to get out more

Both the same I reckon, if I wanted a ute, the navara, if I wanted a wagon, then the pathy it would be.

I would love to buy the missus a new pathfinder for her and the kid if I could afford it.

Unread postby 02-SR5 » September 2nd, 2007, 7:06 pm

Been here a while

it's too much trouble to own a nissan
[font=Book Antiqua]LJ78 Landcruiser II now locked and loaded.
http://www.dieselworkhorseauto.com.au/index.php
[/font]

Unread postby Turbotojo » September 2nd, 2007, 8:33 pm

Avid Poster

The narava has the same motors as the pathy. The main difference's are the pathy has traction control and independent rear end the narava has live rear axle but not traction control. The pathy versus pajero question. One of the mags tested the last model pajero against the pathy when it was just released and the pajero walked all over it. So I can't see why the new pajero with common rail and a $500 factory fitted locker would not still beat it as the pathy hasn't changed. I think the main reason the pajero beat the pathy was its traction control is better designed and works better offroad.

Unread postby pmturnbull » September 2nd, 2007, 8:53 pm

Ok so he's basically dropped the Pathy from the equation now, so hes looking at earlier model Paj's and Prado's. around 96-2000, something previously driven by a soccer mum that he can throw a few $$$ at to make it a camper tourer, again think basic high country trips.
Pros and Cons?

Unread postby Jambo » September 14th, 2007, 8:48 am

Need to get out more

OM617isbest wrote:it's too much trouble to own a nissan

Replies off this nature while fun make it hard for people to get the information they are after. ;)
2014 FJ with a few mods

Unread postby boof » September 14th, 2007, 8:57 am

Need to get out more

is he after a diesel or a petrol....pretty sure he'll have one option in the prado, though there's the choice of the 2.7L 4 and the 3.4L V6

3.5L V6 pajero goes quite well, though they do need premium unleaded, and i can't imagine them winning any fuel economy runs either....

i've always been a fan of the 2.8 turbo diesel in the pajero....haven't yet had the chance to sample one, but from what i have read about it it seems to be one of the better four cylinder turbo diesels of the time....

i reckon the prado is the pick of the two for off road ability, though this is mainly cos of the better front wheel travel, in moderate conditions, there's prolly not a lot to separate the two....

Unread postby cac » September 14th, 2007, 8:58 pm

Good call, he went with the Prado and picked himself up a 98 V6 with 100K on the clock for a really nice price.

Thanks to all that responded.

Unread postby Jambo » September 21st, 2007, 10:05 am

Here and there

cac wrote:
3i've always been a fan of the 2.8 turbo diesel in the pajero....haven't yet had the chance to sample one,

what what your a fan and recomending it but have never driven one???????????

Unread postby fourbyconvert » September 21st, 2007, 2:26 pm

Return to Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's