3.4v6 Prado Should I go LPG?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Trojan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Trojan » March 23rd, 2007, 10:35 pm

LiftedLux wrote:but the fuel would give me around 400kms.
You may even get more.

I just did a trip up to Fraser and ran my Sub tank dry on the way up and back and managed around 500km out of it each time. The needle was on empty around the 400km mark, but it just kept going. So in desperate times you may have that little bit more to get you further.

Admittedly, I was using the sub tank first, so still had the main tank to follow (driving long distances with the fuel light on annoys me), hence why I did it that way, as I wanted to get from Maitland to Hervey Bay without refuelling, so I pushed to get every last drop out of it. It ended up doing it quite comfortably anyway.

LiftedLux
Been here a while

Unread post by LiftedLux » March 23rd, 2007, 11:05 pm

I use the same technique. That is, use the sub first to avoid the empty light. Though I can't say I've ever gotten 500km out of it. That's good to know. I always switch to mains at around the 1/4 mark for fear of running the pump dry. Not a drama if I had to, so good to know those extra clicks are there.

I think the advantage gains for the small trips and weekenders would far outway the pain of carrying extra fuel on the bigger trips.

Terry
Been here a while

Unread post by Terry » March 24th, 2007, 8:01 am

what sort of LPG unit were you looking at liftedlux?

LiftedLux
Been here a while

Unread post by LiftedLux » March 24th, 2007, 10:13 am

If you're talking about a different brand I don't really know. I've only just started looking at doing the conversion this week. What sorts are there?

Terry
Been here a while

Unread post by Terry » March 24th, 2007, 11:53 am

theres a few major brands like impco, tartarini, sprintgas etc.
theres also two main types, injected and the older gas carby.

ltd_v8
Here and there

Re: 3.4v6 Prado Should I go LPG?

Unread post by ltd_v8 » July 9th, 2017, 9:15 pm

I bought my prado 95 series 3.4l a few months ago, and was wondering if I need to do a flashlube kit install because I really have no service history on the car, seeing as how I only paid $2200 for it.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”