Holden Rodeo Swapping in a 1VD-FTV (landcruiser motor)

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Edgev2
I'm new, be nice!

Holden Rodeo Swapping in a 1VD-FTV (landcruiser motor)

Unread post by Edgev2 » February 22nd, 2018, 11:33 pm

Hey guys, new to this forum and any forum in general. But basically what I'm thinking of doing is swapping a 1VD-FTV into my 2006 Holden Rodeo.
How I'm thinking of overcoming the motor part is by buying a crashed landcruiser, get it shipped back to my house and then I have every single component off the 1VD instead of buying just the motor and transmission and having to spend another 50k on parts.. (I'm thinking of going the single turbo model instead of twin turbo cause that's less space taken up)

Now there are some issues I've thought of which is why I'm here to see if you guys can help me out.
Things like;
--Would it fit in the engine bay without hacking away the fender tubs and whether it'd fit vertically? (I could get a dry sump to take off a fair few inches if it's too tall)
--would I still be able to use the 4WD push buttons.
--How would all the drive train for the front wheels line up and all that *****? Like is it just a big guessing game with the front diff and hoping it lines up? Or am I able to relocate something or other to make that work?
--I also am intending on getting 2 bucket seats instead of the bench seat and creating a centre console so I could create a bigger transmission tunnel if that's required.

(all I could think of so far but I'll add more as I think of them)

Basically if anyone can think of a something that won't work for this (but if you can think of a way to fix it and not just drag me down and think of me as an 18 year old fuckwit, think of me as an 18 year old with an idea and motivation to do something that's never been done before.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”