Maxtrax Alternative - They Any Good?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
dmax001
I'm new, be nice!

Maxtrax Alternative - They Any Good?

Unread post by dmax001 » January 25th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Hey All,

pretty new here. Still learning how to navigate the site.

I have started looking around at some new Maxtrax and stumbled
across the alternatice (copy) if you will.

They look very similar in make and material but the standout difference is the price.
Maxtras are around $268 and the alternatives are being sold for $78 bucks. Massive saving.

See link below to the ones i mean.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-5347 ... Sw241Yde0K

Has anyone used them... If so, any good?

Cheers All,

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Maxtrax Alternative - They Any Good?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 25th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Welcome to the Forum dmax001! I sent you a Private Message that you might not have seen yet. Please check it out. :thumb:

As for the cheapy Max-Trax alternatives, I've tested a lot of them, and as a result I reckon that with these 'moulded polyethelene' type things especially, you really tend to get exactly what you pay for!! :o

The cheapies might look & maybe even feel the same as the more expensive OE kit, but there's a reason they are cheap COPIES of the originals - and it isn't just cos the OE manufacturers are trying to rip anyone off!! It's really easy to use a cheaper less robust poly compound & the cheapest manufacturing processes you can find to make something that LOOKS & maybe even feels the same or similar, but how will it stand up to the treatment we already KNOW the Max-Traxs just laugh at?!? How many different cheapies are you prepared to pay for before you too decide it would've been cheaper to get the tried & tested gear first up?! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”