About to tour am i ready?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
All4Runner
Getting to know the place

Unread post by All4Runner » January 6th, 2018, 9:44 pm

My truck is fully setup thats not the issue i will be by myself... i have big tarp swag stretcher camp kitchen cookers fire grill x2 camp ovens ropes and pegs for days engel fridge freezer seating storage chainsaw handsaws cooking and cutlery equip.. spares tools long range fuel full recovery kit plus extras and self extraction if all else fails. Bug sprays sunblock good music ...cameras here there and everywhere.. bucket for cleaning + fire extinguisher... water 40+ litres. Gps etc... other than simple things like rubbishbags etc....

All4Runner
Getting to know the place

Unread post by All4Runner » January 6th, 2018, 9:44 pm

My truck is fully setup thats not the issue i will be by myself... i have big tarp swag stretcher camp kitchen cookers fire grill x2 camp ovens ropes and pegs for days engel fridge freezer seating storage chainsaw handsaws cooking and cutlery equip.. spares tools long range fuel full recovery kit plus extras and self extraction if all else fails. Bug sprays sunblock good music ...cameras here there and everywhere.. bucket for cleaning + fire extinguisher... water 40+ litres. Gps etc... other than simple things like rubbishbags etc....

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: About to tour am i ready?

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 7th, 2018, 9:14 am

Can you get a Sat phone? Down side is the same as the up side...you are always able to make contact with the outside world...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 7th, 2018, 9:40 am

Highly recommended that you do at least a few 'short & local' runs before you head off on the longer stuff, All4. That way you can work out what you aren't likely to ever use as well as discover the one thing that's essential that you've entirely forgotten to pack (got a can-opener & a bottle opener in there anywhere?) PLUS you get the opportunity to work out how to fine tune all your packing & to put the stuff you really need handy in a handy spot, instead of having it buried under all the junk that you are carrying for justin somewhere in the back (justin... just in case! :rolleyes: )

Good Luck! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » January 7th, 2018, 11:10 am

I went away for four days this week to test out my rig & setup, its amazing the things you don't think of taking with you until you are out there, I think you should do a few smaller trips away first before heading out on a long trip, its a great way to prepare yourself your vehicle & your gear :)
this pic is from my second campsite on the bridle track yesterday taken halfway through packing up camp :)

V Williamson
Part of the furniture

Unread post by V Williamson » January 9th, 2018, 6:19 pm

And don't forget to have a packet of cable ties in your kit. These might just even hold broken suspension parts together for that final last gasp till more permanent repairs can be done. As well a myriad of "fixits" for other problems....

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”