Anyone know anything about Uniflow filters?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
-G-man
Here and there

Re: Anyone know anything about Uniflow filters?

Unread post by -G-man » August 17th, 2017, 4:50 pm

mydmax wrote:If they don't have one they make them. They have them for most vehicles already made, yours must be something out of the ordinary perhaps.
Yeh, I rang them up...

They will need to measure everything they got to find something that is suitable to my specific dimensions.

If they still don't have that particular size, I asked them about making it...

Not possible. They would have to re-do the tooling etc and I would be up $10,000+ to redesign the tooling to make one filter for me.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 17th, 2017, 8:00 pm

If you can't get something from them that's exactly the right size, ask for something that's basically the right shape but just a tad too big; it isn't all that hard to cut any placcy &/or foam down to size & re-glue it to the correct size & shape if what you get is reasonably close - the hard bit might be if there's a wire frame.... you'll then hafta cut & weld the wire frame into the right shape & appropriate size..... but it's not impossible! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » August 18th, 2017, 9:51 am

Gman
What is so so special about the airbox you have. Surely it can be fitted with an insert to suit an OFF the shelf stock filter panel or cylindrical filter.

It cannot be that hard. Specifically made items to suit is what some people do when the need arises. All the filter is required to do is stop air leaking around the edges and have a good filtering action.
Not sure who you talked to at the filter place, but motor cycle people send their OE filter to Unifilter and they adapt a foam screen to the OE base. The methods used are "simple as". It is not rocket science.

You can do it too.

-G-man
Here and there

Unread post by -G-man » August 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Well I thought all I need is a rectangle sponge.

Its related to Ryco A1297 part number.

Dimensions: 245mm top to bottom, 208mm side to side, and 52-54mm front to back.

-G-man
Here and there

Unread post by -G-man » August 23rd, 2017, 10:19 am

Hey,

I heard back from uni.

They told me TT230 198S part number would be needed, but they will need a week to manufacture it as they have none in stock.

Anyone on here have that specific one? #TT230 198S

cmar
Avid Poster

Unread post by cmar » October 14th, 2017, 9:33 am

I used a K&N in an import Nissan Terrano for 10 years, mostly not because I was trying to improve the performance ( it's a mechanically injected pushrod 2.7 diesel after all) but simply because as an import it used an odd sized filter that was always a pain to find come service time.
At least I could remove, wash, and replace the K&N. I never noticed it letting in fine dust but I always kept it well oiled.
The Nissan had no MAF sensor so it wasn't a problem if it blew a bit of oil mist into the intake.
Haven't owned a 2WD since 1982.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”