Do we have organised trips?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
-G-man
Here and there

Do we have organised trips?

Unread post by -G-man » March 5th, 2017, 8:18 am

Hello,

Just looking at all the JK-experience trail videos in the USA and they get a whole bunch of guys together and trail offroad, rocks and everything.

Do we have any thing like that down here that gets organised where rigs get taken on more than just sand and open dirt? Like narrow trails, rock crawling etc in groups of 5-10 cars?

Just looking for something where we really get to use the 4x4s.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Do we have organised trips?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 5th, 2017, 11:54 am

There are a number of 'Tag-along Tour' Operators & 'Self Drive Tour' Operators out there, as well as a fair few Nationally Accredited 4WD Training Organisations who may be able to help you with this. Most can be found via searching the internet, white pages etc, & some are also linked to various sites like Explore Oz etc. Quite a few have their own websites, I know I did while I was actively running 4WD Tours & Training, & providing Support Services to people interested in attempting tough &/or remote activities.

In addition, there is also a National Association of 4WD Clubs, with affiliated Clubs & 4WD Groups all over the place. Check out the link below:

http://www.anfwdc.asn.au

Most 4WD Clubs or Groups allow you a visit or three before committing, in fact some consider it necessary that you attend a few trips &/or meetings before becoming a member. They can provide access to a group of like minded people with similar vehicles or interests, as well as access to training, trips, tours, discount products, servicing, the National 4WD Insurance Policy, & a heap more. Well worth checking them out & maybe visiting one or two to see if you can find a group that suits you. ;)

Btw, I've sent you a PM (message) that you might find interesting. :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”