80 series 1HD-FTs - Badgework doesn't match? Any concern?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
-G-man
Here and there

80 series 1HD-FTs - Badgework doesn't match? Any concern?

Unread post by -G-man » February 28th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Hey guys,

Looking for an 80 series cruiser...

Something that striked me odd...

I've looked at 2 4x4s claming they are 1HD-FT multi valve 24 turbo diesel GXL models.

Now what I found strange is that 1 car has the toyota badge, with the 4wd badge on the rear left side and GXL underneath it and stickers on the rear quarters that says TURBOmultivalve

The other car is also 1HD-FT GXL, has no gxl badge on the rear and the side stickers say TWINCAMmultivalve

Can they both still be GXLs or is one being falsely advertised as something it is not?

Wasn't sure... I just thought it strange. The one with the twincam and no chrome gxl badge on the back is in top condition, the one with gxl badge and turbo sticker that looks normal isn't as good externally.

Any concern regarding the missing GXL badge and twincam sticker?

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: 80 series 1HD-FTs - Badgework doesn't match? Any concern

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 3rd, 2017, 9:30 pm

Are they both the same year?
I had some minor damage to my TI patrol. I left the TI sticker off after the car got painted. I then removed the TI stickers on the side as well.
Maybe they just took it off like I did.
I would have a good look under the bonnet and see how things are looking. Get engine numbers etc to verify what you are looking at.

Cheers

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » March 7th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Yes, look at the plate and use the toyotadiy.com web site and similar to see what it shipped with. Little things like that always tell a story if you take the time to pay attention.

SeaJay62
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by SeaJay62 » March 10th, 2017, 11:34 am

the twincam sticker is for the petrol, which has twin cams. The 1HD-Ft has a single cam operating 24 valves

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”