Family Dual Cab for Baby Seats

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Entruchio
Here and there

Re: Family Dual Cab for Baby Seats

Unread post by Entruchio » June 28th, 2015, 4:02 pm

I've got a 2014 D40 Navara.
One of the major factors in our choice was the amount of room in the back seat. Our kids are 10 and 11 and not getting any smaller. We also often have to put a seat in for one of our friend's kids that we regularly babysit and have no issues there at all.

simonhmorgan
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by simonhmorgan » June 28th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Thanks for that. I love the navara but had read the triton had best rear room.
width isnt really an issue for us, more the legroom for kids in carseats and the front adult legroom with car seats behind.

Milo11
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Milo11 » July 29th, 2015, 2:20 pm

We have a 2013 D40 with one child seat in the back and soon to be a second! Thus far there has been no dramas with room, We have had 2 adults and the car seat in the back and it is a little bit of a squeeze but not to bad I have no doubt 2 seats would be fine in the back. In saying that the Tritons definitely have more leg room in the back but they are allot narrower than the D40 which is the reason we went with the D40 and not Triton. Be aware though if you go with the D40 that only the ST and ST-X variants have the anchor points (3) as standard I beleve Tritons have them accross the board.

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » July 29th, 2015, 6:27 pm

We got a Triton to fit 2 boys in the back, each the size of a medium buffalo, that weird shape at the back of the cab does give a lot of interior room for 4.

I've had 4 truck drivers in it for a 4-5 hour trip & all made a comment on the room. Having said that, anyone sitting in the centre of the rear seat for any period of time will have a sore backside. Also, the cab is long, as is the tub. Ours wont fit in the carport & the Wife does have trouble parking etc.

We've had a good run out of our Triton but don't be too concerned, there's a lot of dual cabs on the market, bonus for you, lot's of competition, you get a lot of vehicle for your money.

simonhmorgan
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by simonhmorgan » August 5th, 2015, 9:44 am

Thanks Foogill, the Triton is definitely my preference, and they certainly seemed to have more interior length due to the odd shape. size isnt too much of an issue, coming from a Crewman, which is a touch over 5m long, we are used to that! :)

Brokeasa4x4
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Brokeasa4x4 » March 3rd, 2018, 11:15 pm

Late reply I know, but if someone stumbles upon this again it's good to know - I was in the same position, had 2 kids 5 &7, and one on the way, so I wanted a Ute that was big enough for all them, and looking around, price wise we couldn't afford a lot.

I drove Hilux's and Triton's around for work and quite quickly noticed the lack of room in the back when 5 blokes all crammed in there!

Then I found the D40; it came $10,000 under the rest of them, was very well looked after by an older bloke, and had plenty of room in the back.

Best decision ever!

From then on at work, the boys made me drive the Navara to get lunch because all the boys in the back weren't forced into licking their knees!

BUT... if you need child restraints you need an STX or higher. I got an ST and had to get one fitted (only $150 from Absolute Paint and Panel in Coffs) but still a bastard to find that there's nothing built in to strap the baby seat onto.

And now for The kicker!
With my love for the Navara growing stronger every day and never wanting to let it go, yep! Missus is up the duff again and we need a bigger 4by!! I'm starting to think I'm going to need a troopy with 11 seats. :rolleyes:

But the D40's got over 350,000 on the clock and still going strong despite the brutal weekend camping trips. I'll be sad to see it go.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”