the 4WDA magazine & DVD exchange

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Brendan
4WD Action Staff

Re: the 4WDA magazine & DVD exchange

Unread post by Brendan » February 2nd, 2012, 9:14 am

Just a quick heads up about posting of copyright material. I don't see any issue with exchanging hard copies of magazines or DVDs, but please be aware that making any magazine or DVD content available online to download other than what we've posted online ourselves as the mag, breaches copyright laws.

This thread's a great idea but please be aware that from here on in, any discussion about this will result in a temporary or permanent restriction on your account.

Thanks, Brendan
Brendan Seymour - Editor
4WD Action

94 4Runner; Lexus V8, 33in MTZs, barwork, lights, locked, etc
72 Rangie; 351, C4, 37s, gearing, GQ diffs, Air Lockers, chopped.

the jenkos4
Getting to know the place

Unread post by the jenkos4 » February 2nd, 2012, 8:57 pm

smokescreen wrote:You guys inspired me to have a clean out i managed to dig out roughly 90 DVDs there's a couple of double ups and odd ball ones in there but if somebody wants them you have to take the lot i can't be bothered digging through them and sorting them out.
G'day smokescreen, how much are you wanting for the dvd's? :cool:
Good as Gold

smokescreen
Need to get out more

Unread post by smokescreen » February 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm

Just what ever the postage cost mate P.M me your address and details if your keen
2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

the jenkos4

Unread post by the jenkos4 » February 5th, 2012, 10:13 am

Sorry bud, but all this computer stuff is new to me!! I'm not sure how to p m. If you could some ho give me your mobile number and i'll sms you my details. Thanks!!!
Good as Gold

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 5th, 2012, 10:39 am

Hey jenkos, just click on the PM button in the post by smokescreen below his username & it'll pull up the 'compose message' screen all filled in with his details for you; all you need to do there is fill in the text you want to send and click the Submit button down the bottom of the screen.

If you have any hassles doing it that way you can click on the New Messages button up the top of the page between the Control Panel & Posts buttons; once that scren comes up you then need to select 'Compose Message' from the list on the Left hand side; then 'Add' a username/recipient & type in his username exactly as shown in his post above; next you need to fill in a 'Subject' or the message won't go anywhere; & then type in your text in the message field before hitting the Submit button down the bottom; that'll bring up a preview screen to let you confirm your message is all OK to go or maybe add a few more recipients, so you need to do that as appropriate then scroll down & hit 'Submit' on that screen too - then you'll see the message you've sent displayed as it would appear to the person you sent it to - no need to do anything else unless you particularly want to edit it.

That message will remain in your Outbox until smokescreen reads it, when it'll get transfered into the Sent Messages folder. All your incoming messages will appear in your Inbox, with the message at the top of every screen showing you the number of unread New Messages left in your Inbox; and if you've set your User Control Panel & Profiles up the right way, you'll get an on-screen message whenever a new PM arrives that'll take you straight there to read it as it appears like my earlier PM did.

If you have hassles with all this, you can always post up in the 'Ask a Moderator' thread in the News & Updates section, or post here & tell us (I can merge it into the right place later on); but if you got my earlier PM you should be able to read any messages from anyone else too, so if all else fails maybe smokescreen could PM you his mobile number.

Good Luck
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

the jenkos4

Unread post by the jenkos4 » February 5th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Thanks Peter! I'll give it a go!!!
Just tried it , i think i had a win! :waycool: Thanks for the help!!!
Good as Gold

smokescreen
Need to get out more

Unread post by smokescreen » February 5th, 2012, 11:27 pm

the jenkos4 wrote:Thanks Peter! I'll give it a go!!!
Just tried it , i think i had a win! :waycool: Thanks for the help!!!

P.M received mate :thumb:
2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

natlux
Here and there

Unread post by natlux » February 6th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Sound like a great idea to be able to share DVDs and MAGAZINES between friends, But I must say that the last 5 or 6 DVDs are dissappointing compared to the last 30 or so issues that I still have in the cupboard. I understand that advertising pays the bills but lately it has taken over the DVDs and so I have missed an issue or 2 since late last year. I just watched issue 176 and forwarded most of the way with the remote. I normally read the mags from front to back and watch the DVDS from start to finish. It is still the best 4WD mag out there but if any one has missed a recent copy of the DVD dont worry to much about it you ve only missed about 15 mins of 4wding per DVD. Hopefully some how the DVDs can go back to the way they have been in the past, surely there is enough advertising in the magazine so we dont need as much on the DVDs.

patrol build 92
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by patrol build 92 » February 8th, 2012, 2:57 pm

yea I got a few too that i could swap if people have spares of the earlier dvds (pre 30)

cuttzy90
Been here a while

Unread post by cuttzy90 » February 15th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has issue #47 of custom 4wd as looking at doing up my LSD and need the mag for info and willing to swap some of my mags have a few and also have a few DVD willing to swap for that issue was out on 5 oct last year. PM if you can help me out
get out there and get in it,
The Bush, nature at its best.

dwayne devenish
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dwayne devenish » February 17th, 2012, 2:52 pm

G'day
I got a load of dvds i want to get rid of. i wasn't thinking of charging much but you'll just have to take the lot!! 1 or 2 cases are slightly damaged, 1s case cracked so it just in a protevtive sleve. all work.
ive got the following:
issues: 140, 161, 162, 163, 166, 170, 171, 172, 173, 175, 176, issue 23 of camper trailer touring and iconic destination 2#.
let me know if you can help

rolly82

Unread post by rolly82 » February 18th, 2012, 8:22 pm

cuttzy90 wrote:Hey guys was wondering if anyone has issue #47 of custom 4wd as looking at doing up my LSD and need the mag for info and willing to swap some of my mags have a few and also have a few DVD willing to swap for that issue was out on 5 oct last year. PM if you can help me out
i'll have a look for you.

cuttzy90
Been here a while

Unread post by cuttzy90 » February 19th, 2012, 11:39 am

Thanks a lot rolly, will help a lot, will get my stash down soon from hibernation.lol
get out there and get in it,
The Bush, nature at its best.

OIIIIIIIO
Been here a while

Unread post by OIIIIIIIO » March 5th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Has anyone got dvd issue 156. I used to have it and I think its been thrown out :( if anyone has it im willing to swap for one of my dvds, or I can pay for it. I have more dvds than i'd like to list so if your chasing a particular one I will properly have it. Cheers
[quote="Bonk"]

The shower fart is most potent because you don't hold back. You give it everything you've got.
It's a steamed air-poo, and it smells like the 3rd layer of hell.[/quote]

Surf5L
Been here a while

Unread post by Surf5L » March 19th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Hey guys looking for any mags or DVDs that you may want to get rid of to build up my collection, happy to give you some bucks for them. I am on the Gold Coast. Cheers Steve
Cheers
Steve

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”