Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out of.

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
craigo7399
Getting to know the place

Re: Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out

Unread post by craigo7399 » July 25th, 2012, 11:23 am

Re Glasshouse Track Closures...

FPQ being a private company now have concerns with people traversing over their private property???

I understand that "The business has been sold through a 99-year plantation licence agreement. The Crown land under the plantations (around 90 per cent of the total land holdings) has not been sold–only the rights to manage plantation timber production on State plantation forest lands. Ownership of the freehold lands previously owned and managed by Forestry Plantations Queensland has now been passed to FPQ Pty Limited."

These Crown land areas are protected under the Forestry Act 1959. Public access for recreational activities such as sight-seeing, bushwalking, horse riding and car rallies will continue as it has in the past.

Permits will be required to access these areas. Just how easy FPQ & DERM make to gain one is yet to be seen. FPQ's website http://www.fpq.net.au/ is inconveniently (or conveniently for them) down and cant be accessed. Their Beerburrum Office number for permits if anyone is interested is (07) 5438 6637

More info on the sale of the Forest Plantations can be found here http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/land/state/q ... -sale.html

I wonder what Roothy would have to say about all this?
Black 2004 V6 Prado Grande

Lordaderon
Here and there

Unread post by Lordaderon » August 1st, 2012, 10:15 pm

As per the FPQ website you only need a permit for a commercial activity within the state first.
2010 XLS, ARB Deluxe Bull bar, Dual Batteries, 32X10.5 Kelly Safari TSR Tyres, 2 Inch lift Ironman Suspension, Airtek Snorkel, TJM Bash Plates, O/L Fuel Tank Bash Plate, Hayman Reese Hidden heavy duty tow pack, 120W LED Light Bar.

Shaker4x4
Need to get out more

Unread post by Shaker4x4 » August 1st, 2012, 10:42 pm

On a side note. Was chatting to someone from the UK early this morning and apparently, they tried putting up gates over there too. The 4WD Community kicked up a huge stink and WON! The gates were taken down. Admittedly, they are a much smaller country than us and the fellow I was chatting to couldn't understand why a big country such as ours would even bother. That was he's opinion.

Obviously it's happening all over the world. Some solutions work, others don't. It is the people's country, our country. We were supposed to benefit from mining tax because huge companies are taking our resources. We were born to it, we have the right of passage and say in how we care for it as do indigenous people.

Certainly, if Government departments are being heavy footed, it's no longer a democratic society, it gets more and more like dictating with head departments stamping approvals. If it's legitimate reasons, fair enough.

Don't feel like reading the above link at the moment, but will do eventually. It might shed some light for me obviously.

Shakes.

Bellie
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bellie » August 8th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Black Bull wrote:Three trails I've found out that have recently closed
Anderson's fire trail (Not sure when)
Burralow Road fire trail (Over 6 months ago)
Pattersons Fire trail (last month or so)
I spoke to Nat Parks a few weeks ago about the Burralow area. I was told it will be re-opened in the "near furute" after they have repaired the damaged done to the tracks by the rain earlier this year. Im not 100% sure but I think Pattersons is on the opposite side of Burralow.

Which track is Andersons fire trails? where does it go to? If its the 1 that goes from Woodford to Glenbrook it has been closed for years, since i was about 15 or so. If its the track that goes to Murphys Glenn camp area then it is a new gate

Bellie
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bellie » August 8th, 2012, 10:22 pm

I was up at Jenolan S.F. on the weekend and did Black Range Rd to the Coxs river (6ft Track area) is fine, but the Kanangra-Boyd N/P has taken over a lot of the land that was Jenolan S.F
so check for access with N/P's to see if the wet weather gates are open or closed before going! [Eg - Beefsteak, Mini Mini, Waterfall tracks etc]
Gates on most of the tracks that are no longer classed as the state forest where closed. Even on the tracks marked "4wd only" have been closed. I might make a few phone calls and see what info I can get about these gated off areas being opened again

kbad
Been here a while

Unread post by kbad » October 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Lane Pool reserve while back now couple of months...
Contacted the Government to see if it was possible for future areas that are to be stripped mined to be opened up to 4WDrivers a couple of years before.
Waffled a lot of Govt speak didn't answer the question.

scrubnut
Here and there

Unread post by scrubnut » November 3rd, 2012, 4:00 am

New closure proposed for WA coast line.

The Shire of Carnamah is opposing the proposal by the Shire of Coorow to take the entire coastal area of Carnamah and is presenting its case to the Local Government Advisory Board. Carnamah sees this as nothing more than an unjustified land grab. The Local Government Advisory Board is conducting a public hearing on this matter at 6.30 pm on Wednesday the 7th November 2012 at the Leeman Recreation Centre, Ruddock Street, Leeman. You would be welcome to attend this and to put forward your views. You may also send in a submission to the Board ( see last page of attachment) by the 22nd November 2012.

larcie
Been here a while

Unread post by larcie » November 5th, 2012, 2:11 pm

National Parks have proposed to have the name Yeranderie removed from the local maps?
If its not there, you won't know where to go, you'll forget about it, therefore they won't have to maintain any tracks.

RodeoJon
Here and there

Unread post by RodeoJon » November 26th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Hi, slightly off topic but I am hoping someone here can help answer, happy to ask somewhere else if required

I am wondering what the legalities are and trouble we will get into for driving closed tracks that are not obviously closed.

For example I came across a track on the weekend that was present on my map which is only a few years old. The track had no signpost but I could tell which it was based on my position. There were no signs or gates or fences or anything to give me any clue that it may have been closed. There were also fresh tracks on it so I assumed it was open. We didn’t end up driving it but did go past it at the other end. Parks had made a small amount of effort to close this end by digging it out a bit but again there were no signs or gates here either.

Today I went on the parks website and the track is not listed on their official map but there were no lists or anything of closed tracks that I could find. Trawling through their (out of date) management plan had this track as planned to be closed but nothing more.

It looked like a great track but now I am not sure what sort of trouble I could get in for driving it. Can anyone advise? I am located in VIC if that makes any difference, I wont put the name of the track but its in Bunyip state park.

4x4fightback
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by 4x4fightback » November 29th, 2012, 8:03 pm

locked out of the beaches at alkimos, heres a video of a rally in protest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00luu9i-TJo

monkeymagic
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by monkeymagic » December 2nd, 2012, 8:33 pm

theres a gate across the track to broadwater lookout in the broadwater national park nsw. its only 1 km long why?
i was young and silly then . i'm so much older now

toy4runner92
Here and there

Unread post by toy4runner92 » December 5th, 2012, 8:13 pm

my local 4wd area yalwal down near nowra is slowly getting locked up by the parks
good weekend place some good hard tracks and some easy going tracks too.

yobbo112
Been here a while

Unread post by yobbo112 » December 7th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Tell me about it!
Some good tracks are long gone before i could ever get a chance to drive them :(
Don't Lock Up Australia!!!!!!

4x4fightback
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by 4x4fightback » January 17th, 2013, 9:08 pm

"Rallies and marches have become the main stay of current day resistance movements, and this is a problem, because rallies and marches serve one small function in what should be a diverse and organized road to liberation. Getting people into the streets to show numbers is not, and should not, be the main goal, and end result, of effective social movements."

peaceful civil disobedience is what yields results.

http://owl.li/gDKmp

Donk94
Here and there

Unread post by Donk94 » January 28th, 2013, 11:50 am

Bout 6 months ago there was a gate errected at the start of mcleans rd watagans. It has not been closed yet but i think its only a matter of time. This track provides acess to click creek trail and rope road :twisted: Also provides acess to the watagans its self from congiwea

Also slippery rock rd watagans opposite boarding house dam is gated which is rediculas cause you can barley fit a bike down there
Lucky it wasnt my sthil that cut you off

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”