1hz into 1fz-fe 80

MJ80
Need to get out more

Unread post by MJ80 » June 30th, 2010, 10:10 pm

REDROCKET wrote:Totally off topic Matty but do u have a different avatar chick 4 every day of the week? 4 your sake I hope they are the different goldy chicks u hook up with :waycool:

Miss that place 4 that reason
Bahaha ah i wish, i like to keep a cycle of nice avatars going haha.

I think you should go the 1FZ especially if its for your trail car fuel consumptions not as bigger deal then and the power will be nice.

:waycool:

tezzza88
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tezzza88 » July 1st, 2010, 2:05 pm

so how would i get the tacho going in my car its a petrol tacho and i am putting in a diesel (1HD-T)? dose any one know how the petrol tacho works and the diesel tacho works?

if you are interested i am putting my petrol engine up for sale 4K it has only done 200,000k and was in excellent condiction (origanl ownre used it as shopping trolly before i bought it, it only when on tarmak and i bought it at 180,000k) i only took the motor out because i have a turbo diesel to put in it and only bought the petrol becusde they are cheaper here then a diesel. if you want it e-mail me at tezzza@hotmail.com

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

Unread post by REDROCKET » July 1st, 2010, 8:37 pm

Have know Idea about the tacho sorry mate. I'd guess u'd need a diesel speedo cluster and wiring harness as they have different rev ranges, but really haven't a clue lol.

Thanks 4 the offer on the motor but I already have crankys old 1fz in my garage to do something with. Only cost me the equvilant of 7-8 cartons of beer so if it don't last to long then no biggy
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=gray]'06 105 series, turbo, lift, lockers, claws, bars, winch, etc. YEAH YEAH :waycool:[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808080]80 series - rollover rebuild :p[/color][/font][/b]

Kitika
Avid Poster

Unread post by Kitika » July 2nd, 2010, 8:55 pm

tezzza88 wrote:so how would i get the tacho going in my car its a petrol tacho and i am putting in a diesel (1HD-T)? dose any one know how the petrol tacho works and the diesel tacho works?

if you are interested i am putting my petrol engine up for sale 4K it has only done 200,000k and was in excellent condiction (origanl ownre used it as shopping trolly before i bought it, it only when on tarmak and i bought it at 180,000k) i only took the motor out because i have a turbo diesel to put in it and only bought the petrol becusde they are cheaper here then a diesel. if you want it e-mail me at tezzza@hotmail.com
Pull out the petrol cluster and put in the diesel cluster. It is dependant of year etc to if it'll fit and or work. I just put the petrol one in mine and it was the same wiring etc and then just found the tacho wire in the engine bay and hooked it up and it worked! Should be the same for you aslong as you get a tacho from same year model as your cruiser pre/post 92-94 or when ever the crossover was.

udm
Avid Poster

Unread post by udm » July 3rd, 2010, 6:41 pm

Hey Josh, i have put a diesel in mine many many years ago. There is quite a bit involved, so i would just stick with the 1fz you have found.

TargetOz
I'm new, be nice!

Re:

Unread post by TargetOz » June 10th, 2018, 8:43 am

Hey mate, what bell housing and flex plate did you need to get? My 80 is already an auto so would the 1hz for straight in?

tezzza88 wrote:
June 30th, 2010, 11:59 am
yeah i am it the proses off putting a 1hd-t (is the same as the 1hz) in a 1fz-fe, but i am useing an auto. I have had to change the bell houseing and flex plate but its going to bolt striat in the car, i have also had to change the fuel system (tank and fuel lines). the wireing is going to bee a big pain as the tacho is dif on the diesel to the petrol. but it is posable and i have not spent all that mush on it all i have bought is the bell houseing and flex plate, its not hard just time comusming i have been doing it for two week ends now and i would have another two at the most. i dont know about the 5 speed but you can buy the stuff to do it. good luck

Return to “80 Series”