1hz into 1fz-fe 80

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

1hz into 1fz-fe 80

Unread post by REDROCKET » June 27th, 2010, 8:01 am

Just wondering if anyone knows whats involved in fitting a 1hz engine out of a 75series troopy into a 80series currently with a 1fz-fe engine?

Does the gearbox just bolt straight up or do u need to use the diesel box. I think they are the same???
Are the engine mounts in the same position on the chassis diesel v petrol?

Not interested in comments telling me there are better engine options out there, i'm only after comments on the ease of this conversion.

Cheers
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=gray]'06 105 series, turbo, lift, lockers, claws, bars, winch, etc. YEAH YEAH :waycool:[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808080]80 series - rollover rebuild :p[/color][/font][/b]

Kitika
Avid Poster

Unread post by Kitika » June 28th, 2010, 7:28 pm

1hz has a different spline than the 1fz as the gearboxs are slightly different and the 1fz uses a 12inch clutch and the 1hz an 11inch as it has no power. Sell the 1hz for fuel money probably the best possible thing you can do with it!

Davo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Davo1 » June 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Kitika wrote:1hz has a different spline than the 1fz as the gearboxs are slightly different and the 1fz uses a 12inch clutch and the 1hz an 11inch as it has no power. Sell the 1hz for fuel money probably the best possible thing you can do with it!
You really don't like the 1HZ's do ya!! :)
100 series Turbo-diesel Std, front & rear lockers, 12000lb Tigerz11 winch with plasma, 33" muddies

Visit my Shed and the 100 series Cruiser

Kitika
Avid Poster

Unread post by Kitika » June 28th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Nah not when you already have a good motor in there :) If you get the 1hz gearbox and motor together you could probably drop straight in but it depends if the 75 has the h150 or not. Probably has different engine mounts too.
I could also say you really don't like the 1fz too!

Grunta440
Been here a while

Unread post by Grunta440 » June 28th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Engine mounting points on your chassis are the same but it is a rather big job as you are not just looking at changing Engine and box but most of the wiring loom as well plus the instrument pod.
I've done it when I transplanted my 6.5 diesel into a Petrol after I rolled her.
[align=center][i][b]1997 40th Anniversary Landcruiser
6.5 V8 Diesel, 2" lift, Winch, Bar, Rack, Snorkel, HID's, Cooper ST's.[/i][/b][/align] [align=center][u]UPSIDE DOWN[/u][/align]

davoee
Part of the furniture

Unread post by davoee » June 29th, 2010, 12:31 am

I know its not what you want to hear but the cheapest and eaiest way has 2 steps

1) advertise petrol 80 for sale and sell
2) buy diesal 80

muzza01
Part of the furniture

Unread post by muzza01 » June 29th, 2010, 8:50 am

Sounds like a big job redrocket; I think it could cost quite a few $$. Maybe davoee has the right idea.
105 Series Turbo Diesel Cruza, 3 inch mandrel Taipan exhaust, BFG Km2's, 12K lb winch. 3 inch lift. Steel rear bar and twin wheel carriers. Dual Batteries with monitor, Brush bars, side steps, Roof Rack, Cargo barrier, UHF.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

Unread post by REDROCKET » June 29th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Thanks for the replys peeps
Grunta440 wrote:Engine mounting points on your chassis are the same but it is a rather big job as you are not just looking at changing Engine and box but most of the wiring loom as well plus the instrument pod.
I've done it when I transplanted my 6.5 diesel into a Petrol after I rolled her.

Kitika1hz has a different spline than the 1fz as the gearboxs are slightly different and the 1fz uses a 12inch clutch and the 1hz an 11inch as it has no power. Sell the 1hz for fuel money probably the best possible thing you can do with it!

Cheers Guy's this is the sort of info I was after. I was just offered a 1HZ, complete with gearbox and transfer for $1500 from a mate who's just rolled his uninsured truck. If it was easy I'd do it cause I'm super happy with my 1HZ turbo'd in my 105series. But if it's to expensive/time consuming to do this conversion plus buying turbo etc etc I'll just look at other options.

davoeeI know its not what you want to hear but the cheapest and eaiest way has 2 steps

1) advertise petrol 80 for sale and sell
2) buy diesal 80

Would never be cheaper when I've just spent the last 9 months cutting it into my dream 80 ute, really want a LS1 but there doesn't seem to be any change out of $8k for 1 of these conversions.

I have another 1FZ-FE which I might just throw in it for now until I can afford the conversion.
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=gray]'06 105 series, turbo, lift, lockers, claws, bars, winch, etc. YEAH YEAH :waycool:[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808080]80 series - rollover rebuild :p[/color][/font][/b]

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

Unread post by REDROCKET » June 29th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Anyone know a rough price to totally rebuild a 1FZ-fe?

For forced induction down the track

MJ80
Need to get out more

Unread post by MJ80 » June 29th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Hey Josh how are you ? it might be worth hitting up legendbeast i believe he has done a fair bit of work to his 1FZ and then gone ahead with forced induction, could be some good info.

showthread.php?t=77615

tezzza88
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tezzza88 » June 30th, 2010, 11:59 am

yeah i am it the proses off putting a 1hd-t (is the same as the 1hz) in a 1fz-fe, but i am useing an auto. I have had to change the bell houseing and flex plate but its going to bolt striat in the car, i have also had to change the fuel system (tank and fuel lines). the wireing is going to bee a big pain as the tacho is dif on the diesel to the petrol. but it is posable and i have not spent all that mush on it all i have bought is the bell houseing and flex plate, its not hard just time comusming i have been doing it for two week ends now and i would have another two at the most. i dont know about the 5 speed but you can buy the stuff to do it. good luck

Novae
Here and there

Unread post by Novae » June 30th, 2010, 2:23 pm

REDROCKET wrote:Anyone know a rough price to totally rebuild a 1FZ-fe?

For forced induction down the track

I got quoted around the 6-7 mark in SE Melbourne. Bloody expensive bit of kit, not one thing is cheap about these motors. :P

Your $8K figure for an ls1, is that doing work yourself or getting a shop to do it?

Kitika
Avid Poster

Unread post by Kitika » June 30th, 2010, 3:29 pm

the wireing is going to bee a big pain as the tacho is dif on the diesel to the petrol.
You'll have to take the petrol tacho out of the dash and swap it with the diesel one. I had to do the same to get the tacho to work with my ls1. I have a diesel tach sitting in the shed if you want it.

Your $8K figure for an ls1, is that doing work yourself or getting a shop to do it?
8k doing it yourself is very achievable. I did mine for 9k as I went down a few wrong turns with fuel systems and computer mods etc.

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

Unread post by REDROCKET » June 30th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Yeah $8k is me doing the install and wiring myself.

Think I might just throw crankys old 1FZ in mine 4 now (mine has burnt valve or 2, wont rev ova 4500 and very sluggish) until I can afford a conversion. Heading to the UK in 6wks times so funds r limited until we return. Grrrrr

REDROCKET
Part of the furniture

Unread post by REDROCKET » June 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm

MJ80 wrote:Hey Josh how are you ? it might be worth hitting up legendbeast i believe he has done a fair bit of work to his 1FZ and then gone ahead with forced induction, could be some good info.

showthread.php?t=77615

Totally off topic Matty but do u have a different avatar chick 4 every day of the week? 4 your sake I hope they are the different goldy chicks u hook up with :waycool:

Miss that place 4 that reason

Return to “80 Series”