Temp / thermostat sensor - where does it go?

smurfy111
Getting to know the place

Temp / thermostat sensor - where does it go?

Unread post by smurfy111 » November 18th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Hi,

The timing chain on my 98 dual fuel 1FZ-FE broke a few months ago. A friend and myself have spent a multitude of hours fixing her back up but we have ended up with a single lead and no where to connect it to.

I think it is a temperature sensor... When driving, the temperature gauge does not work and the revs begin to climb after a few minutes. Otherwise all is well. But I need to find where it goes.

I cannot see or feel where it connects to. Can anyone help? It splits off into two leads, and the other connector is much larger.One attached picture shows the two connectors on the side of the engine (shown in red) which have already been connected to.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you kindly,
Mal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zacthegreat5
Here and there

Re: Temp / thermostat sensor - where does it go?

Unread post by zacthegreat5 » May 10th, 2017, 5:49 pm

I recognise that plug. Im fairly sure my one on my 1HZ isnt plugged in but the temp sensor for the factory gauge is in the block. Shouldnt cause you any dramas though. Theyre ***** them gauges. I put in an aftermarket one and itll go from 70-115 (nearly boiling) and the factory gauge wont have moved an inch.
80 series! 2" ironman profoam lift, 33" maxxis 980. Dual batts, solar, inverter, rear bar with dual swing aways, roof rack. Humble beginnings.

Return to “80 Series”