REDarc Dual battery isolator install - got pics?

kyzooper
Been here a while

REDarc Dual battery isolator install - got pics?

Unread post by kyzooper » March 8th, 2016, 7:05 am

So I got a redarc SBI12 isolator for chrismas, I have sourced some cable but I think it may be gross overkill, 70mm2. All the lugs I need and two 100amp resetable cbs.
Can anyone post up some pics of their setups that have used the same isolator?
where did you run the negative to from the second battery?
Did you run the cable around the back of the of the engine, or across the top of the fan shroud? or some where else?
Where did you mount your isolator and cbs?
I have a 40th anniversary 80 Series with abs and cruise control, so the easy mounting spots are gone. Any ideas where I should mount them?
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE
97 HDJ80 40th Anniversary.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Darwineighty
I'm new, be nice!

Re: REDarc Dual battery isolator install - got pics?

Unread post by Darwineighty » March 14th, 2016, 4:25 pm

Looking at installing one too

nilla60

Re: REDarc Dual battery isolator install - got pics?

Unread post by nilla60 » March 14th, 2016, 9:53 pm

I ran relatively light cable on my 105, enough to keep the auxiliary battery charged, but not enough to crank from. Benefit is that the link between the two batteries has a 60 amp maxi fuse at each end to avoid fires. If I ever need it to start, I figure I can just use jumper leads.

As my second battery is just running the fridge and stuff, I used a body earth point that was nearby.

I figure the 80 will be simpler as it already has a second battery tray (or at least all the ones I have seen have been set up for two).

Return to “80 Series”