What did you do to your 60 today?

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Re: What did you do to your 60 today?

Unread post by stockhorse » March 7th, 2015, 10:54 am

Mate she looks pretty good to me. I reckon you would not have to do a lot for a good quality refresh on her. I would say $3k would have her like new.

Did you get a trade in price on her or what would you value her at as she is?

RASPUTIN
Been here a while

Unread post by RASPUTIN » March 7th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Whats the value of an exceptionally mechanical one worth, 7kish? She is a good older car. Wouldn't win as a show car but I have looked after it and the guy before me original owner was anal about the up keep. I actually have a good friend that does show cars. Yes he is a bit more expensive than the general panel/paint guy but he does exceptional work. I'm going to have a chat to him and get his honest opinion. I do get mates rates and am able to be a slave on the build.

3K I wish :). I was thinking 8 - 12k on body/paint/seats etc and 8k mechanical, turbo, suspension, electrical. Depends on whether I can replace all rubber seals. If not I will say damn. The 105 series does look good but if I have to do that i'll say screw it and go the 70 series. There's a heap of ex mining ones for under 45k in WA and only 2-3 years old which is getting closeish to a good 105 series which is 10 year old.

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » March 19th, 2015, 10:33 pm

I got air con again.

But it costs an absolute fortune. :crazy:

Apparently the a/c shopuld be good for another 20 odd years.

Also was able to get hold of a winch remote from tigerz11 - the winch is only 7 years old, but I got new old stock.

Also got my camper trailer opened up and repacked last weekend so its all good to hitch and go! :D

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » March 20th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Just for interest sake, the 60 series Denso compressor is the same as an earlier Magna compressor and many of those go the the wreckers in VERY GOOD condition. For some reason they gave little trouble and all the ones I changed over, including one for my HJ61 were all very clean and perfect inside. I have had a few in pieces, mostly for front seal only while the comp was perfect.
A change of the drive pulley and shim adjustment to get the clutch airgap correct will see you with a working compressor for a small $$$ amount.

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » March 21st, 2015, 7:15 am

That would have been excellent news, but for the inspection of the receiver drier,condenser,etc- revealed everything was just a whole lot of stoofed up and as good as busted big time. And then there were all the metal filings that came out from the flush of the lines.

At the same time also had to replace the cabin fan (that was easy ) and get the number two speed resistor coil fixed so i could see out of the window (demist). Anyway I used a repco workhop for the job so I pick up national warranty for the entire a/c system which is just the way my Mrs wants.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » April 19th, 2015, 3:45 pm

I have my 105, but my uncle has a new 60 that's going a treat, just a few little niggles:

Source of rattle identified.
shockie_mt.jpg
Let's sort out the EDIC motor later, here's the off switch:
edic_wire.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » April 19th, 2015, 9:24 pm

I thought that when I used a radiator clamp on my tie rod / drag link and said
"there! I fixed it" was creative
but this is so much more unique

It looks a bit like a lawn mower throttle cable - Am I close?

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » April 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm

Yep. :D

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » May 1st, 2015, 12:00 am

Starting to go through a bit of tidy up.

Picked up an egt gauge and sensor and and twin pod pillar mount.

Also time for the roll call on maintenance- cooling flush due and re shoe + drums

:)

Red04VXE
Avid Poster

Unread post by Red04VXE » June 11th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Been without a 60 for a few years, enough's enough, Brought this last Monday.
1982, 2H 4spd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New Toy, 1982 HJ60 2H 4spd 33's soon to have F&R LockRights and LongFields.

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » September 13th, 2015, 11:34 pm

My truck is tidied up again

&

We're Going to Bonnie Doon.

:)

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... owJ9wHjD3A

And then round the twist. Have you ever ?

DGREER62
Avid Poster

Unread post by DGREER62 » September 14th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Just put 4 x 7" 100 watt HID's on the roof rack and reworked my dash switches. Let there be LIGHT. I can cook roo's at 1 km down the road now. I will get some pics up of the rig which you guys haven't seen in a while. Been busy and moved out here to Yulara in the NT. Ayers rock to be exact! It gets real dark out here at night and plenty of hoppy, walkie, crawly things on the roads. So I now run a total of 600 watts worth of HID's plus h/lamps! Pics soon. Cheers!

shane_lux
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by shane_lux » October 6th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Hey ive seen a few people post pictures with bonnet scoops. Just wondering if it helps or not. Ive heard allt about creating to much pressure etc etc. But i find it hard to believe seeing all the new 4x4 diesels have them. Cheers shane

Sixdeetoo
Been here a while

Unread post by Sixdeetoo » October 7th, 2015, 6:41 am

Putting a scoop on is dependent on if you have a top mount inertcooler for your turbo setup. Used to force feed cool / ram air into the intercooler

My vehicle is front mount intercooled, so it always gets adirect feed of air,plus it doesn't get the engine heat soak

If your engine is getting hot, you should do a full service of the cooling system first.

And it works well. No scoop. For years :)

shane_lux
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by shane_lux » October 7th, 2015, 8:06 am

I have a pwr water to air intercooler. My cooling system is fine sits on a 1/4 all the time except for at about 110 ish its moves more towards half way. But i have noticed that my passesnger guard and bonnet become untouchable as they are so hot. Seems like heat soak on that side of the engine bay. Heard mixxed thing about bonnet scoops blocking air flow etc. Just want to hear if people with bonnet scoops have had ill effects. Benefits or just the same cheers shane.

Return to “60 Series”