HOW TO: 2" 60 Series Bodylift

Sixtys Guy
Part of the furniture

HOW TO: 2" 60 Series Bodylift

Unread post by Sixtys Guy » December 1st, 2009, 9:01 pm

HJ60.com.au for instructions.
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on May 2nd, 2017, 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
AKA Mark.
HJ60-Lock Rights, OME springs, 5125 Bilsteins, 2" BL, 33 FCII, Longfields, 4.56 gears, Ironman winch, custom sliders.
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17712
1976 FJ55 - Stocko, except for Bilstein Shocks & power steering
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55716&hilit=fj55
1975 FJ55 - Unregistered project!

Sixtys Guy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sixtys Guy » December 1st, 2009, 9:02 pm

HJ60.com.au for instructions
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on May 2nd, 2017, 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
AKA Mark.
HJ60-Lock Rights, OME springs, 5125 Bilsteins, 2" BL, 33 FCII, Longfields, 4.56 gears, Ironman winch, custom sliders.

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » December 1st, 2009, 9:24 pm

well done fella!! blood good write up!!

* with steering slip joint soak the slines each day for a few days prior with penetrene or auto trans fluid can be tight and may need a gentle love tap to get moving
* do same with body bolts too
* new bolts...i personally use 12mm not 10mm (4x150mmx12mm 2X 180mmx12mm per side)
* make sure you keep the origional rubbers in place...dont mix them up as they are different thicknesses
* undo all old nuts but only remove the ones from side you are tackling..
* i have 2 pin type adjustable axle stands with old sizzor jacks welded to top ( stolen from cars ive scrapped) perfect for lifting bodies
* 3rd set require front seats to be unbolted
*with the rear pair of bolts they need to be pushed in upside down from bottom ..all others do in downwards
* i am not a fan of just modifying the shroud as it can put a kink on the bottom radiator hose ( especially on the petrol) drop radiator down by 50mm ..its the perfect time to make up some captive studs for the top bolts as mr toyota had a dumb idea of putting them behind the a/c condensor!!
________________________www.loveday4x4adventures.com________________________
thanks to... APM Radiators.. DRW automatics..Boss Racing Diffs..Sprint Auto Parts.. Bob Jane Marion..Noarlunga refrigeration..J&S Suspension (et4wd)..Heinrich Performance Dyno..

Gumby
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Gumby » December 3rd, 2009, 7:28 am

Very good wright up... lol i swear ive seen it before when i done my body lift years ago... maybe ih8mud, none the less we need it as a sticky i think... what ya think mods...

dousty
Been here a while

Unread post by dousty » December 3rd, 2009, 12:21 pm

Great idea Mark, thanks!

chrisso83
Part of the furniture

Unread post by chrisso83 » January 11th, 2010, 7:17 pm

when it comes to dropping radiator, i had mine out the other day and if i was to drop it 50mm it comes to a point thats got a bit of a curve(on the body) if that makes sense?

and yoda when we make these captive bolt things, they must have to run through to the front of the rad? mine atm just bolt in through the first plate. but there are 2?will a plate with 2 bolts need to be made? or just put the captive bolts in through a new hole n weld them there?

lost of Q's i know but there is alot thats unclear to me atm. lol cheers for the top advice so far guys!

i also never had to undo air con lines when changing radiator, just undid the condensor and moved it around.

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » January 11th, 2010, 7:44 pm

when i make the captive bolts for the top mounts...i push them through from front of vehicle behind the condensor..

and sometimes you can get the condensor to move enough to access the bolts too...but be careful that little bit of strain can be enough to crack the condensor flare and let refridgerant leak!
thanks to... APM Radiators.. DRW automatics..Boss Racing Diffs..Sprint Auto Parts.. Bob Jane Marion..Noarlunga refrigeration..J&S Suspension (et4wd)..Heinrich Performance Dyno..

chrisso83
Part of the furniture

Unread post by chrisso83 » January 11th, 2010, 8:37 pm

yoda how do you lower the bottom mounts? or do you keep the same holes and make a new mount??? just underneath the lower mounts it gets a bit curved so the flat mount wont fit right?

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » January 11th, 2010, 9:06 pm

i use the original lowere mounts and drop them down 50mm, there are 3 bolts 2 top and 1 bottom they are 50mm apart
So i drop bracket down to the lower hole

Yes it curves down the bottom but i use a spacer to level it up

alternative option is where the bracket bolts onto the radiator itself ( 4 nuts on side) you can actually undo and lift the bracket up ( need to cut off 2 studs though) and rebolt with the top radiator studs inthe bottom bracket holes

mudshark
Need to get out more

Unread post by mudshark » February 3rd, 2010, 8:54 pm

thnx heaps Mark i want to do this soon and this guide is very helpful, i was thinking of using the poly mounts and leaving out my rubber ones as they are a bit deteriorated and just ending up with a 1" lift. but from reading this i assume that is not poss. now i think i will have 2 search for original rubber mounts as well (any hint where?) brake lines would have to be lengthened as well ? yes ? no ?. thnx HEAPS guys this info is gr8. :)
1988 FJ62 LIFTED LOCKED AND BARRED UP :) and SO SICK

MUD666
Part of the furniture

Unread post by MUD666 » February 4th, 2010, 8:11 am

where is the cheapest blocks everyone found i gotta get new ones when i do the body swap and wondering where i should get them from

and i think they would have to be the rubber ones

cheers guys
60Series.2H.Turbo.Lockers.Lift And 35 BFG'S!!
ITS PLAY TIME!! Environmental Terrorist Style!
Cheers Yoda Engineering

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » February 4th, 2010, 9:07 am

mudshark wrote:thnx heaps Mark i want to do this soon and this guide is very helpful, i was thinking of using the poly mounts and leaving out my rubber ones as they are a bit deteriorated and just ending up with a 1" lift. but from reading this i assume that is not poss. now i think i will have 2 search for original rubber mounts as well (any hint where?) brake lines would have to be lengthened as well ? yes ? no ?. thnx HEAPS guys this info is gr8. :)

most definitely dont remove the rubber ones

the rubbers are not all same either ( just to be difficult) pretty sure from memory that the bottom and top of each mount are identical though... The bottom rubber is usually in much better condition that the upper so check it out if so you can swap up and down

Brake lines do not need extending...there is enough bundy tube coiled between the master and the chassis to open up for the lift, other that that the brake line is captive to the chassis and is irrelevant to the body lift

Sixtys Guy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sixtys Guy » February 4th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Maybe try Toyota for the rubber insulators?
AKA Mark.

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » February 4th, 2010, 1:15 pm

i priced a set about 2 years ago from Mr Yotamota him self over $250 for the complete set

mudshark
Need to get out more

Unread post by mudshark » February 6th, 2010, 2:27 pm

thanks S G & yoda ouch $250 will hunt the net
cheers
1988 FJ62 LIFTED LOCKED AND BARRED UP :) and SO SICK

Return to “60 Series”