PD Courier 1997 Transmission tear down advice needed.

patanga
I'm new, be nice!

PD Courier 1997 Transmission tear down advice needed.

Unread post by patanga » February 2nd, 2018, 10:39 am

Hi.... I've got a 97 model PD Courier (same as the Mazda B2600) that has developed some noises which are presumably due to failed case hardening on the gearbox mainshaft and possibly the input spigot as well. The gearbox is out but things have come to a halt as I'm struggling to work out how the transfer case separates from the gearbox. I'm hoping someone here has done this before, or can steer me to a link that might have a detailed rebuild article showing the various steps to getting this job done.

From what I can gather these boxes are essentially little more than a variation on the RX7 type which may explain why they don't last so well in the commercial vehicle range.

Thanks in advance.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: PD Courier 1997 Transmission tear down advice needed.

Unread post by hoyks » February 3rd, 2018, 3:48 pm

Its been a while since I stripped mine, the oil was full of bronze glitter after the syncro and bearing on 5th lunched its self. I only had 1st and 4th, not fun for driving in Brisbane traffic on a Sunday evening after a long weekend.

From memory, I had to take the cover off where the gear levers go into the case. In there are some roll pins that run through the selector shafts. Knock the roll pins out and undo the bolts holding the case segments together and it should come apart.

I'll PM you some drawings.

Return to “Courier / Raider”