Diesel Injector Pump - stalling or not starting!?! Any fix?

bigfella78
I'm new, be nice!

Diesel Injector Pump - stalling or not starting!?! Any fix?

Unread post by bigfella78 » October 11th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Hey all,

I need some advice. My 2000 Ford Courier XLT 2.5lt TD will stall or not start..

So I could be driving along and the motor will stop as if its not getting any fuel. If you jiggle the black cable that runs into the injector pump the motor will start..

Is this something that is common? or an easy fix? or do I need a new injector pump?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Diesel Injector Pump - stalling or not starting!?! Any f

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 11th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Hi bigfella, that black cable, is it an electrical lead or an outer casing for the throttle cable??

It sorta sounds like your fuel stop solenoid is losing power or dying, & that the problem could be caused by a loose power lead to the fuel cut solenoid.... Generally, that solenoid will need ignition activated power to open it in order to let fuel thru to the I/P; a loose or damaged cable can occasionally rattle around enough to interupt the power, so the fuel shuts off; then shaking it a bit reconnects or completes the connection again & fuel once more gets thru so the engine then runs.... New wiring or a new solenoid with wiring could solve your problem - I doubt something like this would need a new I/P. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

bigfella78
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bigfella78 » October 11th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Thanks Peter,
I think there is something wrong with the wiring in the car in general.. The aircon blower is the same.. only works when you jiggle the cable..

I have a friend who works in a diesel parts supplier.. he mainly does buses but I've asked him if he can order the solenoid as a seperate part..

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 11th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Sorry I can't recall enough about that particular vehicle & engine/Ipump to give you anything more specific, but if there's a few bits of stuff having similar issues, you might want to check the battery itself, all it's connections, and all the earth connections you can find - engine to body, body to battery, I/p to block, A/c to block etc...
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Courier / Raider”