View topic - Ford Bronco's what to look for when buying

Ford Bronco's what to look for when buying

Avid Poster

Ford Bronco's what to look for when buying

Gday

well my mate is pretty much set on buying a ford bronco/ oldish F truck to go 4wding.

All my attempts to tell him that a jap 4x4 (cruiser/patrol) would be easier and cheaper have fallen on deaf ears and he is still keen on the massive lift and big v8.

Ive spoken to him and the best answer i can get is that it will be used for pig hunting and maybe a little bits of hillclimbs/mud plugging.

So what prices do these 4bies normally go for? any common problem?
Are the drivelines stong? easy/cheap to get parts for?

its just i dont know much about american cars/ danas and v8's (lol a simple diesel 6cyl person here )

i think it was this one on car sales that he wants

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966463 4294966173&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=15&silo=1011

thanks very much for your help.
REAL MEN SMOKE CLUTCHES

86 NC pajero,2" OME lift,snorkle,Duel Batt,uhf,steel f+r bars,MTZ's

Another proud test subject for BUNDABERG RUM

Unread postby MadPaj » March 20th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Getting to know the place

That model Bronco ('78 '79) is fairly rare in Aus yet one of the most popular models in the US. If I had the spare cash I would seriously look at it, but this one I would look after and not bash it around. It is very well priced. Bronco's in Aus were sold by Ford from '81 on.

The 'F' series were always knocked for being too wide for the tracks that the To-jo's carved up in Aus. It's odd how the trend has changed and the newer 4by's track are now much wider than the old models.

Over the years can't tell you how many times I've been approached by owners of older To-jo's saying "I wish I had a V8". In saying that also comes the fuel consumption, their good for it.

Parts pricing for the Fords were always much cheaper and the drive line is known as heavy duty. Since the late '60's Ford had the suspension set-up that others have only copied in recent years.
'85 Bronco, 400, C6, 4.11 Trutrac, 33 BFG, 2" Body 4" Lift.
'99 PE Courier DC TD.
'08 Buell Ulysses

Unread postby 400Bronco » March 22nd, 2009, 2:43 pm

Avid Poster

Thanks very much mate for the response, if my mate gets it ill put some pics up!

cheers
REAL MEN SMOKE CLUTCHES

86 NC pajero,2" OME lift,snorkle,Duel Batt,uhf,steel f+r bars,MTZ's

Another proud test subject for BUNDABERG RUM

Unread postby MadPaj » March 22nd, 2009, 8:41 pm

Here and there

Re: Ford Bronco's what to look for when buying

Check out Fullsizebronco.com They have alot of good info!

Unread postby Rudedogii » September 13th, 2010, 11:18 am

Return to Bronco