Ford Bronco Reverse Sump Oil Capacity

not stock
Getting to know the place

Ford Bronco Reverse Sump Oil Capacity

Unread post by not stock » February 27th, 2008, 7:35 pm

I am currently putting a ford 351 cleveland in my Maverick ,utilizing a Dellows conversion kit. I will be fitting a Bronco reverse sump that I brought ,the problem is that the sump didn't come with a dipstick. I will be making my own dipstick as I havn't been able to locate one.I need to know the amount of oil the sump takes to make the full mark on my dipstick. If you know could you please tell me how many litres of oil and if that amount includes the filter.
Thankyou.

DJR96
Need to get out more

Unread post by DJR96 » February 27th, 2008, 7:44 pm

If you've still got the original dipstick, measure how far the marks are below the sump gasket. Then make up your new dipstick to get the same measurement. Easy.:)
Cheers, Dave.
RCV Supertourer build:- [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36370[/url]

strom
Been here a while

Unread post by strom » February 28th, 2008, 6:55 pm

I had the same prob when I did mine. I finally found one at Ford Queensland F Series Spares. I must say it was back in 2004, If you haven't tryed them they might be worth a try. It wasn't cheap $150 + post.

Big Woody
Been here a while

Unread post by Big Woody » February 28th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Message deleted
Last edited by Big Woody on June 13th, 2011, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJR96
Need to get out more

Unread post by DJR96 » February 28th, 2008, 11:16 pm

Something I learnt from experience, the biggest fan in the world won't do much without a shroud. I left half my shroud off once because it had cracked in half. This was just an old burnout rig mind you, but it boiled easily. Put the other half on with some duct tape to stop the broken ends flapping around, no boiling. It makes all the difference. This was with the big 7 blade viscous-hub fan. I think the clevelands also benefit with a couple of small holes drilled through the thermostat. Gets the hot water to heat it better and make it open a bit sooner. They're a great motor, heaps of grunt.:D
Cheers, Dave.
RCV Supertourer build:- [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36370[/url]

not stock

Unread post by not stock » March 2nd, 2008, 10:11 am

I have found out that the sump holds between 5.5 -5.7 litres of oil including the filter. I have made a dodgy dipstick which is removable and have a bolt to put in place of the dipstick. I am still tring to chase a dipstick up the local f100 wreckers will not seperate the sump and dipsticks,STROM I will try QUEENSLAND FSERIES SPARES and see how I go. I agree with you totally BIG WOODY I used to own a sixty that I cut down into a styleside ute and spoa with 36's. I ran a 351 which was basically standard with a gas cam with a gas research system. The Clevo has bucket loads of torque, this time around I have done a lot more to the motor ie: balanced 4mab crank ,forged 3d rods, hypr pistons,arp bolts,superflo 2v close chamber heads, yella terra roller rockers, cam dynamics 580 lift cam, procomp dizzy and coil pack and to top it off twin gas research throttle body system. I am hoping that this time I will have the best of both worlds, heaps of torque and a motor I can rev without breaking. I sat the motor in yesterday but the f1oo bloke sold me the wrong pressure plate, so I'm aiming at getting it sitting in place next weekend. Bugger!!!!!

400Bronco

Unread post by 400Bronco » April 16th, 2009, 7:55 am

I've always used close to 6.2 liters of oil including the filter and 1 litre less to the ADD mark.

Cooling system - You can get a high volume thermostat (80-82ºC) for clevelands, mine made a huge difference. My raidator is a copper 4 core and 3 pass.
I use the 19" dia 7 blade viscous-hub fan and shroud.
Once I fitted twin 16" electric thermos with custom shroud and at speeds in excess of 140k and western Qld heat of 47ºC the fans didn't even come on but at idle there wasn't enough air flow and the temp would creap up, so it's now back to the original viscous-hub fan and shroud.
'85 Bronco, 400, C6, 4.11 Trutrac, 33 BFG, 2" Body 4" Lift.
'99 PE Courier DC TD.
'08 Buell Ulysses

Bronco351
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Bronco351 » April 21st, 2009, 6:17 pm

Sump capacity in a Bronco is definately at the 6 , 6.2 liters mark, no question about it. There could be varatitions on your dip stick depending on the angle of your motor is sitting at in you vechicle maybe but I doubt it would be much?? Just a thought.............Good luck Cant beat a Clevo!!

Anthony_bronco
Here and there

Unread post by Anthony_bronco » November 21st, 2009, 11:41 pm

yep 6 litres is wat mine took thats where the 6l packs come in handy :)

Return to “Bronco”