2012 BT50 Jolt shudder throttle accelerating decelerating

All your Ford/Mazda Tech questions & answers
bt502012
Getting to know the place

2012 BT50 Jolt shudder throttle accelerating decelerating

Unread post by bt502012 » February 18th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. It's only happened about 4 times in the last 47000km. I have a 2012 bt50 manual 4x4. Recently whilst on the highway it happened again whilst accelerating (pressing throttle) there is a slit delay and then a jolt shudder instead of smooth acceleration when throttle is pressed, likewise when throttle is released jolt shudder occurs again instead of smooth deceleration, it only seems to last a few minutes and then all ok until next time. This time i noticed that the cruise control did not work when this occurred.

Vehicle has been taken to Mazda software checked, fault codes checked all appears good, car taken for a drive everything works fine. Problem is this fault only occurs for a short time so i can't replicate it for Mazda. I'm thinking it could be throttle sensor (fly by wire) anybody know about this????

bt502012
Getting to know the place

Re: 2012 BT50 Jolt shudder throttle accelerating deceleratin

Unread post by bt502012 » February 26th, 2015, 10:57 pm

It happened again today in 5th, changed down to 4th and then back to 5th and it went away. Glad to see no one so far has this problem, sad to see no one as yet may know what it could be, suggestions would be great if possible...

Ozbush1
Been here a while

Re: 2012 BT50 Jolt shudder throttle accelerating deceleratin

Unread post by Ozbush1 » March 7th, 2015, 11:22 pm

I never had such problem with my BT-50 but it could be the electrical problem. Somewhere in the system having problem with connection of some kind such as engine controlling computer (ECU) or certain sensor connectors having corrosion problem or bolts and nuts which connects them. Either they are loose or corroding, so it is good idea to check them all out. Good exercise could be take out the connectors and check inside for any corrosion then connect it back. Sometimes just reconnecting few times will clear any corroded contacts in the connector. If your cruise control is doesn't work when they are playing up, it means you have fly by wire accelerator pedal connection of some kind. It is worth checking out all of the connectors inside or outside. Normally most of dealer mechanics are not familiar with such problem so you may need to talk to confident car-electrician.
I suggest you better check out yourself. Just watch out not to damage any connectors because they are a bit fragile, just look carefully to workout how to release them and of course push them back in firmly.
Oh one more thing, Disconnect the positive side of Battery terminal when you fiddling around with car electrical system.
Good luck!

Return to “Ford / Mazda”