setting injection pump 2000 courier 2.5td

All your Ford/Mazda Tech questions & answers
ford fan
Getting to know the place

setting injection pump 2000 courier 2.5td

Unread post by ford fan » October 21st, 2013, 1:04 am

Mazda-Ford-Courier-WL-2-5c_zpsaf9edeed.jpg
hi guys

im looking to fit the scotts rods 3' dump/mandrel,snorkel,larger intercooler, vacuum line mod and increase boost...was told can adjust the screw marked on the pic I included to match boost and maintain egt but I want to know if I can adjust the injection pump to match the boost and gain more power?? if any body knows how to get the most out of it with out spending a fortune please let me know....a mate mentioned a dial attachment that measures/adjusts advance??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: setting injection pump 2000 courier 2.5td

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 21st, 2013, 12:06 pm

Sure, you can play with it yourself, but does your insurance cover that sort of thing for when you get it wrong?? Get it wrong, all it takes can be as little as about 1/16th of a turn the wrong way and you can stuff not only the pump but also the motor, ie pistons hanging out the side of the block stuffed! :eek:

Probably cost you maybe a couple of hundred dollars to get it done properly by a good diesel tuner who has insurance for the unlikely event that he blows your motor by stuffing it up...... Altho if the tappets & timing etc hasn't been done for a while, or the engine is way out of tune, it might cost as much as say $8-900 to bring it all up to spec, but do you know what a new engine costs (hint, add at least one zero!!) And if you get it done by someone who knows what they are doing and warrants their workmanship, you might even get more power and better fuel economy too, without risking the motor either! I know what I'd be doing! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Ford / Mazda”