Chasing the best Zooks out there

All your Suzuki Tech questions & answers.
Matt S
4WD Action Staff

Chasing the best Zooks out there

Unread post by Matt S » July 29th, 2011, 11:29 am

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to track down passionate Zook owners who would like to have a photo of them and their 4WD run in the magazine. It doesn't have to be the most-modified car out there; simply tell us what you've done to your Zook, why you did it, and whether or not you're happy with the result.
If you're keen PM and I'll get in touch with some more details.
Hope you all get to hit the tracks this weekend!
Cheers,
Matt

ZookFastback
Been here a while

Re: Chasing the best Zooks out there

Unread post by ZookFastback » December 5th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Hi Matt, my 2000 Jimny hasn't had many mods but it takes me everywhere I want to go and I love it. I changed the standard ragtop into a Fastback style when I removed the rear seats. I had the rear toneau custom made in Carrum Downs. Takes about 20 seconds to remove and 30 seconds to install. It is so airtight that, even with the fan on lowest speed, the roofs inflate! I am a dozer driver and the Jimny goes wherever the dozer goes.

Favourite places to visit ar the Costerfield State Forest and the Coorong in South Australia. I'm off to the Coorong again at Christmas and then going further north into South Ausy.
Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

TDF41
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by TDF41 » May 25th, 2012, 2:03 pm

i think this is the build you are looking for!

Dual cab sierra

http://www.suzuki4wd.com.au/forumvb/sho ... ra-Buildup

julianvreug
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by julianvreug » July 19th, 2012, 12:13 pm

543347_10151036142990477_1770966229_n.jpg
181247_10151036130510477_1811208878_n.jpg
Gees thoughs Sierras look nice!

Always wanted a Sierra to do up as my XL-7 is my daily runner and family car so a bit more carefull in it than what i would be if had a sierra.

Jimnys are great car had one as my work car man years ago, they get up and go!.

My XL-7 mods are as followed but live IN SA, listing suppliers so might be helpfull for someone looking to do sim mods.

ECB Big Tube Bull Bar (came with)
Detachable Tow hitch etc. (came With)
Did have IPF 900 Lights but these fell off because i was slack and didnt tighten the lock nuts when in the flinders, made me sick and spent the night searching for it and found some nice 4x4er had good respect for these lights and put it on the side of a creek but unfortunately it was crushed. Now have Narva Lights soon will have HID lights.
Bigger mods ive done over the years.
Front Diff Drop Brackets, Longer heavy duty rear trailing arms, Adjustable Pan Rod (Giz International)
King Springs (need to be replaced) 30MM spacer rear, 15mm Spacer front giving around 60mm Lift
had Dobinson and ironman Shocks, now have DriveTEk shocks as got quite a good deal.
Front Strut extensions (Bits4Vits Dave is really helpfull!)
Monroe Strut Mate Strut Boots.
Camber Adjustment Bolts (got them from ebay Canada for $44 for 4 delivered! not paying $99 for bolts here)
AVM Manual Hubs (got from US $130 delivered) *Saves the CV's! plus turning circle is better and drives better in the city saves on fuel big time too*
Oricom 80CH UHF radio and Arial (Gadget City) (big improvement in sound quality over the Uniden i had)
New Head lights with HID Hi/Low lights (going in soon)
Whitelightening E85 Conversion kit (from US Direct) (best mod i have done! car runs really well on E85 and been running it for 4 years now with out any problems)
Ceramic Brake pads repco brand (these are great pads! excellent stopping power)
Heavy Duty Clutch
LED Lights all round inside and out.
Custom GPS/DVD 7" system with Custom programed IGO with Offroad mode. (Can get from ChinaVasion)
Rear View Camera connected to DVD system
7" DVD headrests in rear for my kid with build in games and wireless headphones.
Rust Stop rust protection anodes on front back and underneath so fully protected.
Duel battery system, but second battery installed on camper trailer with Anderson plugs,(12volt Shop) 165AH
Uni Filter Air Filter Suzisport
FTS Snorkel (direct From FTS Taiwan)
Bash Plate from SuziSport
Pulstar Spark Platinum from US (These have to be the best Sparkies out there! extra power and better fuel econ)
Use bitron Saves me around 20% in fuel!
Had to put back on Bridgestone ATR due to the local laws but there not so bad but really missing the extra diff clearance i once had. Car just don't look as tough sitting that bit lower.

Current project is to fix up sagging king springs car bounces all over the place and there only 3 years old so much for lifetime warranty, if only i had the receipt :P
Dual Exhaust System with extractors. This will change it from two cats going to 1 cat to a 2 cats each side to improve flow.
Looking at Tigrez11 winch and Making up some rock sliders.
Looking at getting a Prop Shaft spacer made up as the lift is a bit to much and prop shaft is at its limits.
Also looking at extra fuel tank that will go in place of rear tool tray.
And LED light bar.

Overall the XL-7 has been a great ultra reliable car, only downside is not many Mods for them but plus side many GV parts bolt on and easy to do custom mods your self. Very easy car to work on! Also has tons of traction, sometimes its like i have locked diffs but dont!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c90a503cd4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TDF41
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by TDF41 » September 21st, 2012, 3:37 pm

I also have a XL7 with a large lift, your welcome to do a right up on it :-)

Indy Hepburn
Need to get out more

Unread post by Indy Hepburn » November 30th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 30th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Funny Indy.... True, the Patrol IS the best Zook out there, but it's still funny! :p
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Suzuki”