Patrol Y61 SWB, 3L six straight. Question.

All your Nissan Tech questions & answers
Alvastreet
I'm new, be nice!

Patrol Y61 SWB, 3L six straight. Question.

Unread post by Alvastreet » November 25th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Hello,

Can you buy these is Australia? http://tnydu.biz/DOqXSP I currently live in the UAE and I'm moving to Sydney soon. I have looked but can't seem to find anyone selling them, I though about getting it imported from Japan but not luck there.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Patrol Y61 SWB, 3L six straight. Question.

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 26th, 2014, 2:02 pm

We don't have the Y61 SWB's Patrols in Aust with any motor!!

During most of the 90's we had Y60 Long & Short Wheel Base Patrols, altho the SWB version was dropped in the later stages of the release here, & the SWB Y61's were never released in Aust. From '98 we could get Long Wheelbase Y61's with the RD2.8litre six cylinder turbo diesel engine here in Aus, but never the SWB; and then as the TD42 Diesel began being phased out in the early 2000's, the 2.8l 6 cyl diesel motor was replaced by the 3 litre Four cylinder turbo diesel engine.

There is a thread here somewhere discussing the import of the SWB Y61's to Aust, but apart from a few personal imports, I don't think there are many here at all, but there are certainly at least a couple. I'm reasonably sure that the SWB Y61 is NOT on the 'authorised list' to qualify as a Grey Import either, which means that unless you own one for some months (maybe even a year) beforehand in whatever country you live in immediately before you move here, then you are unlikely to get approval to import/register one in Aust. Sorry.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » November 27th, 2014, 9:33 pm

I lived in Dubai and love them. At 33K AED that is good motoring value. If you can get it imported the steering change over should be easy with some donor parts of the local wreckers. Do it I say.

Alvastreet
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Alvastreet » November 28th, 2014, 4:06 pm

^^
I just noticed the price, it's got to be a cut and shut for that price. It looks too new.

Return to “Nissan”