Manual Mapper Project for Diesel engines

Got a problem or suggestion relating to oil burners? Post it here
diemonty
Been here a while

Re: Manual Mapper Project for Diesel engines

Unread post by diemonty » March 7th, 2018, 7:08 pm

hi Ozbush1
do you still have the manual mapper going?
There are 30 pages to read through so sorry if I missed something.
I'm very interested in your mapper.
cheers

Ozbush1
Been here a while

Unread post by Ozbush1 » March 23rd, 2018, 12:16 pm

Hi Diemontie,
Go to www.ozbushelectronics.com.au
Sorry for late reply.
Ozbush

pk11
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by pk11 » June 17th, 2018, 7:50 am

Hi people,

I think OB must off track, so i'll post here.

I have the Manual Mapper installed (OBD-122) and it is hooked up to the EGR Valve, green wires are connected and the other part is inline with the MAF sensor. My settings are EGR sense 2, ATT 4 and fuel dial set to -15, both switches are on and U have a blanking plate installed. Car drives as it has always driven but I must admit that it appeared to have more grunt and this coincides with what I perceived to be additional fuel usage. When I did the stats for the tank the litres/100km has gone from average of 11.7 to 13.0 . If I flick the ATT into the off position I expected the car to run like a dog, but it doesn't change, car runs as previous.

Anyone had similar experiences or can offer some insight to this behaviour? Do I need to do a MAF re-learn or anything else?

Regards PK.

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » June 17th, 2018, 8:06 am

Gday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » October 17th, 2018, 9:56 am

Been a while since I visited this thread.
My mapper has been in now around 100k, maybe a little more, and still doing its thing.
Today I was a bit bored with the morning rain, and after ~ 70k without checking my MAP and MAF sensors, decided to take a look.

The MAP was pretty clean, probably has less carbon or oil (also have catch can) on it than the MAF had red dust, ha ha :D

(Pics after removal, before a hit with the CRC sensor clean.)
MAP1.jpg
MAP2.jpg
I'm getting around 10 - 11 lt / 100 on highway, that's loaded with desert type trip load, 200lt odd fuel, 80 water, food and gear 2 people.
June / July did a near 14k drive 5 states, inc 3 very slow tracks up the centre of WA, and got 13.7lt / 100km avg whole trip.

Overall it's been a beaut mod, and long term probably much better on the environment than heavily restricted intake manifolds causing running issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BT50Sparra
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by BT50Sparra » November 16th, 2018, 8:12 pm

My ‘09 BT50 runs at around 8.9lt/100 in standard trim. This with a light load of maybe 150kg of aux batteries, generator and 40kg of water. I have ordered Oz’s manual mapper and will be interested in the fuel economy after installation. Main reason for purchase though is to get rid of the crap going through the engine, when I am off-road.

Return to “Diesel Tech”