Diesel Subaru Forester

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
garrycol
Avid Poster

Diesel Subaru Forester

Unread post by garrycol » January 20th, 2010, 1:36 pm

The new diesel outback has just been released and the new diesel Forester is due for release in May - has anyone heard anything about it and what specs it will have ie auto/manual - hi/lo range - pricing etc.

Garry

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 27th, 2010, 10:34 am

Garry,

Feb edition of Royal Auto has a write up, 2 litre Boxer diesel 6 speed manual , no auto , AWD, no Hi/Low range , $40,990-46490

Cheers
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » January 27th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Was that the Forester or Outback - that pricing seems to tie in with the Outback - I was expecting the Forester to be a bit cheaper and hoping it would retain low range.

Cheers

Garry

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 27th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Subaru Outback 2.0d Premium with Satnav

"it is expected that diesel engines will be progressively introduced in other Subaru models in the not-too-distant-future." (Royal Auto)

Cheers
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

pickstock
Here and there

Unread post by pickstock » June 17th, 2010, 2:44 pm

i remember reading about some subaru deisel engines already for sale around the place that dealers bought in and are trying to make a quick profit.
i know what some people are doing with subarus there will me a deisel powerd L series, high low with lock diffs soon enough

el_freddo
Here and there

Re:

Unread post by el_freddo » September 11th, 2010, 2:35 pm

pickstock wrote:i know what some people are doing with subarus there will me a deisel powerd L series, high low with lock diffs soon enough
I hope so!

Personally the subarus are fast becoming another one of the large SUV's you see around the traps. I wish they would remain in between the small to medium size range like they used to be...

As for the diesels - no low range. I think subaru believes the torque of the turbo diesel will kill the low range. Personally I think you'd need it for those who venture offroad...

Cheers

Bennie

Crunch
Part of the furniture

Re: Re:

Unread post by Crunch » September 11th, 2010, 10:30 pm

1st and 2nd at 75% throttle or less (in the auto) gives a 50/50 split, and 1st is very low geared as it is. they handle themselves very well off road, even the auto's (no low range)

el_freddo
Here and there

Re: Re:

Unread post by el_freddo » November 2nd, 2011, 9:41 pm

Yes I know the auto's go well offroad, but a single range manual is good IF you've got bucket loads of torque, but even then you're chewing out the clutch at times - I've seen it first hand... Dual range, as crappy as it may be is essential! The liberty dual range was 1.19:1, the L series is 1.59:1 - with some mods they're interchangeable :D

And if anyone who's reading this has an issue with their forester diesel that's shuddering, check out this thread for more info as the new owners try to sort something out with subaru - it seems like a pre-detonation issue but there's no fix yet, even driving it like a petrol engine isn't cutting it.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “General”