Sorento Diff Locks

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
Pog
Need to get out more

Unread post by Pog » October 14th, 2009, 7:40 am

Blurter wrote:I've got an OME suspension kit and frankly there's nothing wrong with the brakes.
You obviously havent tested them to their limits yet. I had the fluid boil on me on a steep descent, luckily nothing was coming through the main intersection that I had no hope in hell of stopping for. End up stopped 3/4 of the way across! 2-pot calipers on a 2200kg 4WD = Scary! :eek:

Not to mention needing to replace rotors religiously every 20k due to warpage :crazy:

Good luck with your difflock. Hopefully it improves some safety aspect of these death traps.
2002 Hilux 2.7 Dualcab, 2" OME suspension, LF240 50w HID's, IPF headlight upgrade, Icom IC-400PRO, RFI CD900, ECB bullbar, ARB compressor.

GeorgeL
Getting to know the place

Unread post by GeorgeL » October 14th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Hi Blurter

ARB are looking at producing a front locker for the Sorento. Check the Aussie Sorento forum for progress reports - Front diff lock - Australia4WD Forum

Nothing wrong with the second generation Sorento's. People will realise this as they start to trickle through the 2nd hand market. Very underrated.

Snorkel also due before the end of the year...

GeorgeL

Unread post by GeorgeL » October 14th, 2009, 9:58 pm

...and haven't had any issues with the brakes.

Have done some of the bigger sand dunes at Stockton beach (see pic below - 40m drop) in summer and didn't have any trouble stopping. LOL...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blurter

Unread post by Blurter » October 15th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Good news there. I'll keep and eye on ARB for snorkels and front locker.

I hadn't considered a diff swap, but, I'll check my level of motivation and see how I go!

Likewise the possibility of a single or small volume private import of the ones from Greece.

Thanks all for their input.

GeorgeL

Unread post by GeorgeL » October 15th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Sorry Blurter, the diff locker is from ARB but the snorkel is from Gibson - see Snorkels - Gibson RM

Blurter

Unread post by Blurter » October 17th, 2009, 6:23 am

No worries.

OzBull78
Been here a while

Unread post by OzBull78 » October 17th, 2009, 9:42 am

Pog wrote:You obviously havent tested them to their limits yet. I had the fluid boil on me on a steep descent, luckily nothing was coming through the main intersection that I had no hope in hell of stopping for. End up stopped 3/4 of the way across! 2-pot calipers on a 2200kg 4WD = Scary! :eek:

Not to mention needing to replace rotors religiously every 20k due to warpage :crazy:

Good luck with your difflock. Hopefully it improves some safety aspect of these death traps.

Sounds more like bad driving to me, combination of too much speed and incorrect use of engine braking causing overheating...Or possibly moisture in the brake fluid causing brake fade due to lack of maintenence.... Nothing will stop properly if you drive it to its "limit"... Drive to conditions....

oul053
Been here a while

Unread post by oul053 » October 24th, 2009, 7:36 am

i have seem alot of sorentos towing vans and they have no problem stopping, thinking maybe driver error.
'00' challenger, front and rear lockers, cargo barrier, long range fuel tank, arb bullbar, OME suspension, awning, UHF, 285/75-16s dick cepik fcII's, narva 225s and Lightforce 170's

kiapete
Here and there

Unread post by kiapete » January 8th, 2010, 11:57 pm

SportageJarrod wrote:It really does become a factor in purchasing a vehicle if you want to put a whole lot of goodies onto it but there is virtually no aftermarket support. It ultimately limits your final setup to a finite point.
...but it also means that you don't end up with a Toyosan Discoverjo like every other yob.

KIA4X4
I'm new, be nice!

Diff Lock for Kia Sorento

Unread post by KIA4X4 » July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am

Blurter wrote:Anyone know where I can get diff locks for a Kia Sorento?
Try Albins Off Road Gear in Ballarat, talk to Steve MacDonald.
The have the cabability to manufacture gear sets and also custom applications.
Cheers

4runnernomore
Been here a while

Unread post by 4runnernomore » July 26th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Here is a link to the Greece website for the lockers.

????? ?????? ???? ProTrack

I am interested in a front one for my Sportage.

Cheers, Chris

deadlytreads
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Sorento Diff Locks

Unread post by deadlytreads » May 7th, 2012, 12:00 am

Hello all,

I'm a new reader of Action 4wd and I find the content in the Mags full of interesting stories and videos produced are great to watch.

I have always had an interest in going off road / going bush however, here is my problem. Currently I am driving a so called "soft 4wd" a 2011/12 Kia Sorento turbo deisel. I have never taken it off road other than the odd dirt track. I have heard that they are quite capable off roaders.

Is there any suggestions to mod up the vehicle a bit.

cheers

Return to “General”