lol BnS granny :D

dupper26
Been here a while

Unread post by dupper26 » February 27th, 2009, 7:40 pm

i recon lift your truck high enough so the roo goes strait under neath lol

gts68
Here and there

Unread post by gts68 » March 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

once that load is all forward of the front wheels (or rear of the rear wheels) its cantilevered weight, so it's effects are doubled. I dont think it will matter what u do with the suspension to upgrade it the effects that will have on the vehicle's dynamics will be huge, especially if its a trayback with little weight in it most of the time. Also I think you will find it hard to keep front tyres up to it. i think the $3885 purchase price is just the start of what that thing is going to cost u. after a few years you could have got a new ute with the cost of the bar + flogged our tyres + extra fuel
2003 RA LT crew cab 3.0TD- GME UHF. Cooper STTs, ARB BullBar with tmax winch, Snorkel and Long range tank.

mud_medic
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mud_medic » March 14th, 2009, 8:29 am

Hey, out here in Collarenebri and others towns out here, Moree, Lightningridge, Walgett those bullbars are the ones of choice for quite a few folks. Most of them are on prados and crusiers and they look allright, but non of them have the scrub bars down the side....
Josh

Mick.

Unread post by Mick. » March 15th, 2009, 12:03 am

boxy wrote:Hey Guys

Im currently living out near Broken Hill and after having so many close calls with roos and goats went looking for a decent bar

Do you think this is overkill and what other alternatives do i have and associated costs

This setup is $3885

Adam
Even if that bar was alloy it would still be heaps stronger then an ARB or TJM bar which are both pretty piss weak cheap production crap. You don't have to be an engineer to see that bar looks 10 times better built then them and it also has the grills at the front to protect against birds and stones going threw your grill and radiator which neither ARB or TJM bars have.

It seems a bit pricey but it does have the side rails and side steps built in which is all additional costs when buying ARB or TJM. Anyone who has travelled those sort of roads and hit a roo and been stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night will tell you it's worth every cent.

I'm sure if you don't want the lower section of the bar they could build one without but if your 4wd is an outback truck and not an off road weekend warrior then the aproach angle isn't really going to be a drama anyway.

Good luck with your choice mate.

Cheers Mick.
[size=150][color=blue]Micks HID Projector Retrofits[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=red]All custom work and DIY kits available.[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=blue]PM me or phone on 0403596123[/color][/size]

Eddy

Unread post by Eddy » March 24th, 2009, 1:57 pm

bxoffrdr wrote:Why do people on this forum have to make others feel like dickheads for asking a simple question? Either you like it or you dont, sure give him some other ideas, but making him look like a dickhead because he likes something different from you guys is a ***** go. Just my 2 cents worth
Opinions were asked for and given. :thumb:

My opinion ... yes, it is overkill. Also butt-ugly.

There is absolutely no point in building a bar so strong as to remain completely unscathed after hitting a big roo. Sure, you'll still have a straight bar, but think about the damage that thing'll do whilst transferring the impact through to the chassis of the vehicle.
'03 Mazda Bravo 2.5TD
'77 Leyland Terrier truck ... yes ... an actual truck
'80 Datsun 720 4X4 ute

1989lux
Been here a while

Unread post by 1989lux » March 24th, 2009, 5:18 pm

i think it looks awsome. i like the doulble bars going down the side. Im pretty sure ive seen a guy with 1 in newcastle.
Komatsu; represent

nprush
Been here a while

Unread post by nprush » April 27th, 2009, 7:08 pm

i reckon i looks great and is stronger than an ARB bar. nothing is worse than driving late at night in remote places and being worried about hitting a roo. as for the bar looking ugly i think it is a tribute to some blokes fine fabrication skills, the addition of mesh helps to stop kangaroo limbs going through radiators, the side bars prevent panel damage and the lower part protects the steering component and underbody of the car.

however i think most bars made these days are all overkill, ive hit plenty of roos at high speed with an old bar that i had to straighten and re-weld in bars when i first got it 2nd hand and it performed flawlessly.

also give this BNS bullsh*t a break, it give the youth a social outlet that is good for the community and themselves. would you rather they hang out at shopping centres on a saturday night?

end of rant
daihatsu scat, bald tyres, missing front drive shaft, f'ed gearbox, massive suspension sag, no handbrake, no wipers, no door handel... one bloody fun paddock bomb:)

and a troupie set up for touring:D

pmturnbull
Avid Poster

Unread post by pmturnbull » May 26th, 2009, 6:37 pm

here is the 200series I saw there is even more then one
http://www.tuffbullbars.com/Custom-Bull ... ERIES.aspx

greg8049
Been here a while

Unread post by greg8049 » May 26th, 2009, 9:04 pm

my opnion, is that is it going to wreck the front end if you do hit something insted of crumbling, what does the insurance company say???and in QLD i think they are ellegal, so the boys would pick on you as well

rolly82

Unread post by rolly82 » December 27th, 2009, 2:49 am

remind me never to come back as a roo in my next life....

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » December 27th, 2009, 4:05 pm

hey it looks ok in its place but the only trouble a bar like that would not be any good on a 4x4 with airbags and on an old one it would stuff the chassis. half that amount of steel with the scrub bars should stop a roo or goat.

wreckingball
Here and there

Unread post by wreckingball » February 10th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Mick. wrote:Even if that bar was alloy it would still be heaps stronger then an ARB or TJM bar which are both pretty piss weak cheap production crap. You don't have to be an engineer to see that bar looks 10 times better built then them and it also has the grills at the front to protect against birds and stones going threw your grill and radiator which neither ARB or TJM bars have.

It seems a bit pricey but it does have the side rails and side steps built in which is all additional costs when buying ARB or TJM. Anyone who has travelled those sort of roads and hit a roo and been stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night will tell you it's worth every cent.

I'm sure if you don't want the lower section of the bar they could build one without but if your 4wd is an outback truck and not an off road weekend warrior then the aproach angle isn't really going to be a drama anyway.

Good luck with your choice mate.

Cheers Mick.

i agree with mick on the strength as for the looks i like it and the near miss thing i missed a roo by about 6 inches at 1am about 300ks out of broken hill on the way up to watch the outback challenge last year i hadn't seen it because of the glare from my lights on a big road sign but i did see heaps of others that night so its definately not just an image thing out there you need the protection

mckinnon_91
Getting to know the place

Unread post by mckinnon_91 » February 12th, 2010, 2:11 pm

I've seen these on a new cruiser ute and it looked awesome!! However definitely not for the serious off roader when you take into account approach angle etc.

tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » February 13th, 2010, 7:20 pm

mate i say if your worried about your vehicle being damged by roos and you live in the country do whatever you can to save your car.
it may weigh alot but thats gonna stop a roo.trucks have big bullbars like that for a reason and thats just replicating it onto a 4x4.
there are other options though both lighter and cheaper.
there are high frequency whistle things you can get that ive seen work.
personally i would never spend 4k on a bullbar but its your car.
dont listen to anyone here who is giving you ***** cause it looks bad or does this n that.in the end its your car and if you want it and like it buy it.

Return to “General”