Scangauge

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 14th, 2008, 7:25 pm

bt501 wrote:Thanks BCE
yes it is a bit tricky pressing the buttons whilst driving, but I find I dont do it that often just when the tank is getting low or I fillup.
I like your display is that a 7", it looks like a good fit. I have been tossing up whether to get a cheap laptop, $500 , with ozi explorer, reversing camera etc but they tend to be 15.4". That screen looks very neat, how did you mount it?
second question did you figure out how to get that bit of trim that you mounted the scangauage on,out?
thanks

G'day BT501.

The LCD monitor is a 5.4" widescreen. I looked at the 7" screens but they simply wouldn't fit without touching the windscreen. I wanted something bigger than the pissy 3.5" jobs but not so big that it wouldn't fit neatly so I settled on the 5.4". It comes with a swivel mount and base which basically sticks to the dashboard surface. The base also has pre-drilled holes to screw it into the dash but the adhesive works fine... it doesn't move at all when driving - doesn't even hardly vibrate when going over bumps.

The plastic "blank" plate between the sound system knobs was tricky to get out at first because I didn't want to damage it but I eventually settled on using a strong plastic knife (similar to what you get from McDonalds with their brekky Hotcakes). The plate is held in with clips, from memory 3 at the bottom and 2 at the top. If you slide the plastic knife in the gap at the top in the middle of the blank and then pry the plate toward you slightly, the plate will bend and then you will be able to a bit better purchase on it... you then just need to be a little brave and pull the sucker towards you. It should then start to pop out as the clips release themselves. Putting it back is as easy as just putting te plate back in place and pushing it forward and the clips just click in again. There's a nice little space behind the plate... perhaps big/deep enough to fit a small UHF radio head unit.

PS: I love the Scangauge. I've dropped over a half a Lt/100km in fuel usage since keeping an eye on the real-time and trip economy display. I'm pushing the buttons all the time, changing from 'Gauge' to 'Trip Computer' and then within the Trip I'll change from 'Kms To Empty' to 'Lt per 100' to 'Fuel Cost'.

Cheers,
BCE.

Cheers,
BCE.
[b][u]07 Ford Ranger XLT Crew-Cab, Auto[/u][/b]
Carryboy canopy, BFG 255/70/16 AT's, ECB alloy nudgebar, Hella Rallye 1000FF lights, GME TX3440 UHF, AusCruise, TJM Airtec snorkel, Prodigy brake controller, ScanGaugeII, Stebel airhorns (139db), darkest legal window tint.

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 14th, 2008, 7:39 pm

dulvari wrote:BCE and BT501,
Could you tell me where you got you scangauge's from and what do they cost, also, how accurate do they seem.

Thanks guys
Jayde

G'day Dulvari.

I got my Scangauge on ebay from a Seller called 'Ample_Outdoors' but you can also try another Seller called 'WoodersGaragePtyLtd'. They both sell for about $180 + $10 delivery but I managed to get mine for $181 (delivered) at Auction. The 'Ample_Outdoors' guy was very helpful and delivery was superfast in a couple of days.

The Scangauge is completely accurate from I can tell. It will display RPM to wthin 1 rev. It displays the exact same vehicle speed as my GPS displays. As far as other things being accurate or not, who knows but it's only displaying the data that the vehicle's computer is outputting so I don't know how it could be anything other than completely accurate.

Cheers,
BCE.
[b][u]07 Ford Ranger XLT Crew-Cab, Auto[/u][/b]
Carryboy canopy, BFG 255/70/16 AT's, ECB alloy nudgebar, Hella Rallye 1000FF lights, GME TX3440 UHF, AusCruise, TJM Airtec snorkel, Prodigy brake controller, ScanGaugeII, Stebel airhorns (139db), darkest legal window tint.

dulvari
Been here a while

Unread post by dulvari » May 15th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Thanks BCE
07 Ranger XLT Crew Cab & 07 ranger cab chassis

Noknuckles
Here and there

Re: Scangauge

Unread post by Noknuckles » June 17th, 2011, 5:27 pm

markJ wrote:Hi
Can any of the courier/ bravo crew tell me if a Scangauge will work in a Courier 2000 mod 2.5 diesel. I have looked for the obd 2 socket but cant find it

Thanks
Mark
I was wondering the same thing, does anyone know if the courier/bravo 2000 model-on has this capability?
Thanks.

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Re: Scangauge

Unread post by ranger2452 » June 17th, 2011, 9:01 pm

BFTRANGER sells em http://www.theuteshed.com.au/products.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

Return to “General”