Scangauge

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
markJ
Here and there

Scangauge

Unread post by markJ » March 26th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Hi
Can any of the courier/ bravo crew tell me if a Scangauge will work in a Courier 2000 mod 2.5 diesel. I have looked for the obd 2 socket but cant find it

Thanks
Mark

Marc 1
Need to get out more

Unread post by Marc 1 » March 31st, 2008, 9:54 am

Ask one of the mods on this forum (send PM) - he sells em.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/members/wooders/ - the dude.

http://www.wooders.com.au/page/contact.html - his business

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » April 2nd, 2008, 9:39 pm

markJ wrote:Hi
Can any of the courier/ bravo crew tell me if a Scangauge will work in a Courier 2000 mod 2.5 diesel. I have looked for the obd 2 socket but cant find it

Thanks
Mark

Have you received/found an answer yet?
[b][u]07 Ford Ranger XLT Crew-Cab, Auto[/u][/b]
Carryboy canopy, BFG 255/70/16 AT's, ECB alloy nudgebar, Hella Rallye 1000FF lights, GME TX3440 UHF, AusCruise, TJM Airtec snorkel, Prodigy brake controller, ScanGaugeII, Stebel airhorns (139db), darkest legal window tint.

markJ
Here and there

scangauge

Unread post by markJ » April 6th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Bce
Still none the wiser, I guess that no one has tried to fit one.If I am ever near a ford dealership i will ask the mechanics if they have the obd2 plug.

FreestyleCab
Here and there

Unread post by FreestyleCab » April 22nd, 2008, 7:18 pm

markJ wrote:Bce
Still none the wiser, I guess that no one has tried to fit one.If I am ever near a ford dealership i will ask the mechanics if they have the obd2 plug.
No it won't work. I could not find an OBD port on my 2003 Bravo TD and asked the local dealer who told me they do not have one. As the engine is using mechanical injection timing and not an ECU like on the new common rail diesels , there is no need for an OBD interface as there is no computer to link to.

You can buy them at http://www.scangauge.com.au also

FSC

bt501
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bt501 » April 22nd, 2008, 9:28 pm

bce

i have a scangauge on my BT50 so should work fine on the Ranger. OBDII socket is at rear of floor console near drivers left foot.

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 1st, 2008, 12:38 am

bt501 wrote:bce

i have a scangauge on my BT50 so should work fine on the Ranger. OBDII socket is at rear of floor console near drivers left foot.

Thanks mate. I actually stumbled upon the OBDII port a couple of weeks ago. Bought one on eBay yesterday, should get delivery next week.

Where did you mount yours?

I was thinking on the blank between the sound system knobs below the CD slot... I think the dimensions are a perfect fit for this location.

Cheers,
BCE :thumb:
Carryboy canopy, BFG 255/70/16 AT's, ECB alloy nudgebar, Hella Rallye 1000FF lights, GME TX3440 UHF, AusCruise, TJM Airtec snorkel, Prodigy brake controller, ScanGaugeII, Stebel airhorns (139db), darkest legal window tint.

bt501
I'm new, be nice!

scangauge mount

Unread post by bt501 » May 2nd, 2008, 9:59 am

Hi BCE

I was thinking of that spot too but decided to leave it for switches. I mounted mine on top of the steering column, with velcro supplied. Fits just under the trip meter reset. Doing it that way was an easy cable run, out of sight, no holes and keeps the gauge in line of sight.

Have since found (off another thread or forum) that NARVA do a range of switches that fit the MAZDA blanks and look close to original I picked up some NARVA 63041bl (25 amp on -off -on) for lights and other stuff. They even make them with driving light or fog light warning leds. Autobarn etc for around $15

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 2nd, 2008, 8:56 pm

bt501 wrote:Hi BCE

I was thinking of that spot too but decided to leave it for switches. I mounted mine on top of the steering column, with velcro supplied. Fits just under the trip meter reset. Doing it that way was an easy cable run, out of sight, no holes and keeps the gauge in line of sight.

Have since found (off another thread or forum) that NARVA do a range of switches that fit the MAZDA blanks and look close to original I picked up some NARVA 63041bl (25 amp on -off -on) for lights and other stuff. They even make them with driving light or fog light warning leds. Autobarn etc for around $15

Cool. Thanks for the info on Narva switches. If you can, post a picture of your Scangauge mounting. I'll do the same when I get mine and fit it.

Cheers,
BCE.

bt501
I'm new, be nice!

re scanguage

Unread post by bt501 » May 5th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Hi BCE

didnt realise the car was so dirty 'till I took some pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 7th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Thanks for that mate. That's actually a good place to put it. When you said you had put it there I imagined it might block the view of the odometer/trip display but the pics prove otherwise.

I received delivery of my Scangauge yesterday and installed it last night. Am very happy with it. Will post a couple of pics of my installation (on the blank between the sound system knobs) in the next day or so.

Cheers,
BCE.

bce
Here and there

Unread post by bce » May 8th, 2008, 9:28 pm

G'day BT501. As promised here are a few pics of where/how I installed my Scangauge. As I said before I do like where you put yours but isn't it a little tricky pressing the buttons to change the display whilst driving?

Cheers,
BCE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bt501
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bt501 » May 12th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Thanks BCE
yes it is a bit tricky pressing the buttons whilst driving, but I find I dont do it that often just when the tank is getting low or I fillup.
I like your display is that a 7", it looks like a good fit. I have been tossing up whether to get a cheap laptop, $500 , with ozi explorer, reversing camera etc but they tend to be 15.4". That screen looks very neat, how did you mount it?
second question did you figure out how to get that bit of trim that you mounted the scangauage on,out?
thanks

_jp_
Been here a while

Unread post by _jp_ » May 13th, 2008, 12:16 pm

bt501 wrote:second question did you figure out how to get that bit of trim that you mounted the scangauage on,out?
thanks
It took me a while to work it out. There are 2 screws, one behind the temperature knob and one behind the air direction knob. Once these are removed, you can pop out the bottom of the silver shroud, disconnect all the plugs and pull it right out.

dulvari
Been here a while

Unread post by dulvari » May 13th, 2008, 7:55 pm

BCE and BT501,
Could you tell me where you got you scangauge's from and what do they cost, also, how accurate do they seem.

Thanks guys
Jayde
07 Ranger XLT Crew Cab & 07 ranger cab chassis

Return to “General”