Diesel Contamination ?

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » October 20th, 2007, 9:28 am

Well the fuel test results have come back from wear check lab in sydney and suprise /surprise they say there is no way that the fuel was the cause of the failure in the injectors. mazda was not too polite to me again and wanted the results faxed to them so their tech department could go through them.

dragn88
Here and there

Unread post by dragn88 » October 24th, 2007, 8:52 pm

arcticwolf wrote:Well the fuel test results have come back from wear check lab in sydney and suprise /surprise they say there is no way that the fuel was the cause of the failure in the injectors. mazda was not too polite to me again and wanted the results faxed to them so their tech department could go through them.

Arctic,
At least they are not dismissing the results. The fact that they are looking at them is a possitive.
If you can get these guys talking to each other then hopefully it becomes an argument between their respective tech heads and you can just keep stoking the fire untill one pays up!

Well done for keeping on them, keep in mind that at the end of the day Mazda have suppliers who they have warranty arrangements with, they will put the pressure on the suppliers to pay for the parts out of "good will" and they will only have the labour to pay for. Make enough noise and you will win. Also whereever you can, get everything in writing! Some times they will pay just to avoid putting it on paper, if they do put it to paper then they can't change the story when it suits them.

I bet they already get a cold shiver when they know "Arctic Wolf" is on the phone.
Dragn88
BeasT50

dirtygq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dirtygq » October 25th, 2007, 10:21 am

last time i heard of bad fuel is when they were adding toluene(a industrial thinner) and also with bp fuel ruining injector pumps . Can anyone ellaborate at all ?
gET A LIFE GET A 4WD...!!!!!!

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » October 29th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Well mazda has dismissed the fuel report ,even though it was done by wear check lab in sydney so now I am going for the throat.

fullmetaljacket
Part of the furniture

Unread post by fullmetaljacket » October 29th, 2007, 10:04 pm

into them!!......I assume that you have been without the vehicle in question (on road), take this into coincideration with reinbursement
78 BJ40, 4" lift, 33's
82 HJ60, 4.5" lift, 33's
09 ML Triton GLXR, 3.5" lift, 32's

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » November 11th, 2007, 8:39 pm

no I had to bite the bullet and pay mazda to get the truck back but they had it for two weeks to find the problem , that was bad enough

reastwood
Here and there

Unread post by reastwood » November 14th, 2007, 10:26 am

Articwolf, what where the symptoms of injector failure? Did your engine just stop running suddenly or was there a progrssive lack of power or something else? I only ask as I have never had a CRDi diesel before and would like to be aware of any warning signs.

Rick.

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » November 18th, 2007, 10:11 am

It started to be slower at starting and then it was blowing a lot of black smoke as if it was over fueled or starving for air . On the way to the dealer I stopped it and it would not restart and that was it.The drama I am having is like mating elephants, but I am not giving up

Frosty13
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Frosty13 » November 21st, 2007, 11:28 am

Re Arctic Wolf.
Crikey, I'm just hours away from ordering my first CR Diesel (Mazda BT50).
This is my first diesel in about 30 years. Hope they're as good as back then!
This is a great forum, so many people want to help. I've gleaned some good ideas from participants, thanks all.
All I can say Arctic Fox is, go get 'em. Good luck, mate. I await your next chapter in this prolonged saga.

:drink:

Phil H
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Phil H » December 6th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Thanks guys, my BT50 is a mere 3000 k's old and this has been very interesting reading. It reminds me of a problem I had in my Soob Outback which took 2 years of denial by Subaru Australia before they admitted to the problem and fixed it! So, Arctic Wolf keep right on it and push hard.

sp0radic
Avid Poster

Unread post by sp0radic » December 9th, 2007, 10:36 am

The fuel contamination problem is a big worry for me, with the new engines. I was speaking to someone at West End diesel and he said that it has cost up $7000 to fix some 4WD's because of diesel contamination. It may be worth giving them a ring.
--------
I used to own a '92 Toyota Surf SSR-X 2.4L Auto LN130 2LTE.
Our trip around oz blog:
[url]http://laparoundtheblock.blogspot.com/[/url]

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » December 20th, 2007, 7:09 am

It has been a long slow road with all the crossing the t's and dotting the I's . Took it to far trading and they said that it is a contract arrangment between mazda and I so it has to go before the court. Keep you posted

bushytas
Here and there

Unread post by bushytas » December 20th, 2007, 9:46 am

hey something that no one has asked yet
when you got you 4wd back did you have to replace the fuel in the tank ?
if you havent dont you think it strange that they would let you out the door without replacing it?
cheers
Brendon
Any accident out country is a medical emergency carry a good well stocked first aid kit at all times
[url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=4601&im=1[/url]

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » December 22nd, 2007, 3:43 pm

They replaced it, but it had 1/2 tank when it went in and they charged $50 for fuel and I had to fill up at the first servo less than a k down the road. I got no answers where all my fuel was.

Catchy
Here and there

Unread post by Catchy » August 20th, 2008, 10:41 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if any one heard how this all panned out?:confused:

Cheers
:waycool: Lost in bush beer in hand :drink:

Return to “General”