Diesel Contamination ?

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
Lucas Mill
I'm new, be nice!

Contaminated Fuel - Holden Rodeo

Unread post by Lucas Mill » August 26th, 2008, 11:08 am

Dear arcticwolf,

We have a fleet of 5 2007-2008 Holden Rodeo's.

We currently have a veichle stuck in Gladstone QLD with a $13500 repair bill due to fuel contamination.

Holden and Caltex have both been called to no avail.

Today I have rang the ACCC. Unfortuntly they are unable to help individual cases. I then asked how many other complaints they have recieved in this nature, they can not provide this information. I then asked what number of people the would require to investigate this issue....again they can not provide me with criteria to investigate this.

Can you advise what your outcome with Mazda, Fuel Company and ACCC

Also, how many other people have had injector failure due to fuel contamination.

Best Regards

Matthew de Jager
Lucas Mill Pty Ltd

browndog
Been here a while

Unread post by browndog » November 18th, 2008, 8:16 am

arcticwolf wrote:No water was found in the tank or filter just sediment. That is my argument that the filter should block and stop the engine. investigation then finds no fuel change filter and go home and clean the tank and line s pre filter problem prevented. The vechile has only been filled about 6-7 times (3944ks) but all my reciepts are in the console and its at the dealer that wants $5269.25 to release it.They took 28 hours to find the problem and say they are being fair at only charging for 16 at $1440. This mechanic is supposed to be trained on bt50 engines. The fight has only just begun as I will be taking Mazda Aust to the ACCC, Phone conversation with them said that they have breached the trade practices act by selling and unmerchantable vechile. more to come :)
A mechanic - regardless of a sign on their building, cannot legally keep your vehicle in their possession. If you dont pay the bill that is a civil matter for the courts, if they refuse to give you your car that is theft. They can however tell you it is not finished or not safe to drive and refuse to give it to you on that note. Tip- tell them you want to test drive it before you pay their exorbitant bill (16 hrs is absolutely rediculous) and then dont give them the car back. is the mech a mazda dealer? This is definately not your fault and I would be seeking legal advise. Good luck mate.

TRUPM
Here and there

Unread post by TRUPM » November 24th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Gday all. Just wondering what has happened with the case?
Just asking cause i think my rodeo's injector pump has spat the dummy and had enough! Its an 03 RA with just on 95000k's, service regulary and had no other problems. I always buy fuel from the same place, with all recepits and log books etc. Wondering if my problems arouse from dirty fuel and how i would go about recouping the costs of the repair bill. Just got towed to the local mechanic today and am awaiting a phone call tomorrow to tell me what it is, but NRMA guy said its possibly the injector pump.
[color=#810081]Holden Rodeo 3.0 TDi work/play ute with Coolabah Camper[/color]
[url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=2981&im=1[/url]

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » December 18th, 2009, 7:43 am

Ok today is finally the court case day as it was put back last time to get mazda involved now I am up against the mazda corp. A multi international corp with ba huge legal dept. I will post the results and let you all know the outcome.

bushytas
Here and there

Unread post by bushytas » December 18th, 2009, 6:14 pm

arcticwolf wrote:Ok today is finally the court case day as it was put back last time to get mazda involved now I am up against the mazda corp. A multi international corp with ba huge legal dept. I will post the results and let you all know the outcome.
good luck mate
Any accident out country is a medical emergency carry a good well stocked first aid kit at all times
[url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=4601&im=1[/url]

black-duck
Here and there

Unread post by black-duck » December 18th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Hi all i have been workin at a diesel injection service place for a while know and in the last 2 years we have had more than our share of fuel contaimation problems.

Most recently we had a fairly new holden redeo in at our shop spluttering and carrying on we thought it might of been bio fuel problem upon removing the fuel cap lid we smelt the fuel and i thought of emptying the fuel tank and varnishing my wooden floor on my ute because it smelt like varnish.

To cut along story short it was a bad batch of bio diesel and we had to wait 4 months for the insurance company to give us the go ahead. The task involed removing and cleaning the fuel tank, replaceing all fuel lines and filters repairing the fuel pump and injectors the actualy complete task cost well over $15,000.

in this day and age i run twin fuel filters not to stop the bio diesel because it wont but to make sure that the fuel is clean because i know i couldnt aford to repair it.

MY 2c

Dan

casp3r
Getting to know the place

Unread post by casp3r » December 19th, 2009, 2:21 pm

good luck in court man, hope you nail them sneaky bastards!

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » December 21st, 2009, 10:36 am

Ok I had my day in court and I mean a full day. This is supposed to be a small claims court and that is about 15-30 mins, this was the second day and as I say this was a full day the first was about 1.30 they sent 1 person the first time and this time there were 3 ,1 from mazda the service manager and the head mechanic from James frizzels (Dealer on Gold Coast). They are quite addament that I don't start the ball rolling on a heap of claims. now the outcome was that it got ajurned again so that mazda can take the injectors away and get them tested again. I had to get them tested and that was only done about 3 weeks ago. Mind you out of the 2 stuffed injectors 1 was and the other came up like new.So that means that they misdiadnosed in the first place.They think I am going to roll over and play dead but the more they stuff me around the more I am going to dig my heels in. Their argument is that when they drained the filter there was dirt in there so that means that is what stuffed the injectors. Of course it will have dirt in it that is the suction side of the filter.What I would like answered Why or how can a filter that is a .5 of a micron let dirt through into the injectors that have 2 micron clearance.So now it will roll into next year.

glenj
Getting to know the place

Unread post by glenj » May 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm

ANy Out come here yet?

There must not be a mojor problem with the vehicle cause this thread haas been going a long time and there have only been 1 or 2 others to come in with a similar issue

Dave_STR
Banned

Unread post by Dave_STR » May 29th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Any new's ?

Dave.

arcticwolf
Here and there

Unread post by arcticwolf » June 19th, 2010, 9:44 am

Ok here is what you have all been waiting for.The judge found in favor of mazda and that it was not mechanical failure but because I had proved that on 1 injector was u/s they had to refund me $1,000 and that was it after about 2 1/2 yrs. i put my claim into qbe insurance and within 3 weeks came rejected as it was mechanical failure. I have requested the qbe's decision to be reviewed.If anyone is interested I am prepared to start a class action against these barstards(Mazda)as we are expected to just cop this on the chin. So I would like to hear from anyone else that has had fuel problems with bt or ranger models.

leigh03
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Diesel Contamination ?

Unread post by leigh03 » October 21st, 2010, 9:29 am

i am going through the exact same problem now. same starting problems black smoke ect, then it just stoped. mazda had it 6 hours before they could tell me what it was. then feul contamination was their finding. i find out today how much. sounds like im in for the same problems!

Hippo_Racing
Been here a while

Re: Diesel Contamination ?

Unread post by Hippo_Racing » November 4th, 2010, 9:41 pm

people laugh at me when i say make sure you buy diesel from reputable servo's with newish tanks.

i work in fleet in the last 4 weeks we have had 2 ford transits die from fuel poisoning,

1 got stuck in sydney after driving 2 hours, repair bill was $11,500

the other scored a new set of injectors for $4000

Return to “General”