Anyone got a new Subaru Outback?

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
Roadwarrior
Avid Poster

Anyone got a new Subaru Outback?

Unread post by Roadwarrior » March 6th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Well, the time has come. Need to off load the wifes forester which has 225 000 kms on it (still going strong) and looking at getting a new Outback. The struts need replacing all round. Quoted $550 for the front and $500 for the rear. Have had it since 110 000.

el_freddo
Here and there

Re: Anyone got a new Subaru Outback?

Unread post by el_freddo » May 15th, 2012, 7:51 pm

My old boss had a 2010 Outback, H6 auto with all the electronic gear you could throw at it. That was unfortunately written off, but the safety gear really paid off - Outback doing about 70km/h collided with another car doing 100km/h that missed an intersection. Other car's driver was in intensive care, then learning how to walk weeks later. Outback driver walked away without a scratch or a bruise. I wish I could show you photos - they're phenomenal.

Now they've got a 2012 Outback, H6 auto with all the electronic gear you can throw at it, this include "the eyes" system where the vehicle detects the lane you're in and "advises"/alerts you when you're crossing the line if it's un-intentional. The cruise system will slow to the speed of the vehicle ahead, at the set distance the user has programmed too. Personally too much electronic gear in it for my liking but that's my opinion - they're stoked with it.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “General”