Anyone else modifying a Ssangyong Rexton?

Subaru, Lada, Oka, etc.
Matlincoln
I'm new, be nice!

Anyone else modifying a Ssangyong Rexton?

Unread post by Matlincoln » June 25th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone else has modified a Ssangyong Rexton?
I have a 2014 2l turbo diesel.
I have had a few different 4bs over the years but I wanted something less mainstream this time around.
Anyone got one?
Or have had one?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Anyone else modifying a Ssangyong Rexton?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 25th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Here's a few threads & some more posts from people with Ssangyong vehicles; maybe not so many specifically running Rexton's, but some of the info might be worth checking out. I've driven a few, done a couple of thousand kms of off roading in a few different versions with a variety of mods in mind (and for those interested, yes, you can - or could anyway, get a Detroit Locker to fit the rear diff! :sillywink: ), but have done very little on-road work in them at all. Still, hopefully any current members running one with mods will post up soon if they can. ;)

search.php?keywords=Ssangyong&terms=all ... mit=Search
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Matlincoln
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Matlincoln » June 26th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Nice thanks.
Detroit’s are auto lockers yeah?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 26th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Not 'just' auto lockers, but THE auto locker that all the rest are trying (& so far, failing!) to be as good as! :sillywink:

They've been around since the early 1940's; being upgraded & improved all the time; and are now widely recognised as the toughest & best auto locker available. They are now owned & sold by Eaton Performance parts, Harrop here in Melbourne, & also Locked Drive Systems for the Commercial applications. Check this lot out: http://www.onallcylinders.com/2013/12/1 ... tial-town/ but do bear in mind it's largely aimed at the yank market & doesn't really take into account the latest developments & improvements in their 4WD applications ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General”