15x7 Alloys on a ML Triton?

Triple diamond talk
FreestyleCab
Here and there

15x7 Alloys on a ML Triton?

Unread post by FreestyleCab » August 6th, 2007, 11:19 pm

I ordered my Triton VR today and was wondering if anyone had tried fitting 15 inch alloy rims to a new Triton?

I have some 15x7 ROH Monsoon alloys and new 31inch Cooper STT's off my old Bravo and was wondering if they will fit.

Might just have to wait and see :D

dultim8
Been here a while

Unread post by dultim8 » August 7th, 2007, 8:17 am

Hi Mate. Not sure about 15in alloys but i had some 15x7in steel ROH wheels and they did not fit. They kept hitting the brake calipers.
I ended up buying Prado wheels to fit as a second set of wheels. They are 16's and they went straight on.

Austblue
Been here a while

Unread post by Austblue » August 7th, 2007, 9:57 am

Guys, within reason the outer diameter and width has no impact on fitment. What you need to find out is the offset of the rim as that will tell you the position of the face wrt the your hub. I think you need to be around 30mm IIRC.

FreestyleCab
Here and there

Unread post by FreestyleCab » August 7th, 2007, 5:38 pm

Austblue wrote:Guys, within reason the outer diameter and width has no impact on fitment. What you need to find out is the offset of the rim as that will tell you the position of the face wrt the your hub. I think you need to be around 30mm IIRC.
The internal diameter of the rim has to be taken into consideration to fit over the rear drums and possibly over the front callipers. As you say, the offset is also important to fit around the front callipers.

I had a set of 15x7 alloys and 15x7 steel rims ('nissan offset') for my old 91 Bravo. When I traded it in (on the 2003 Freestylecab), I kept the steel wheels. It turned out, these steel rims did not fit the 2003 Bravo as Mazda had increased the size of the rear drums. I tried some 15x7 ROH Monsoon alloys and they did fit over the drums.....

I believe the Rims I have are 10mm positive offset.

I was planning to trade the Freestylecab in on the Triton, so I was wondering if I should keep the alloys (and new STT's) that are on it and hope they fit the Triton. But today, at the last minute, I have decided to sell the Bravo privately, so I will be able to check to see if the swap is possible myself.....I am a cheap ass! :D

FreestyleCab Bravo For Sale!!!!
http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1206

High Country
Been here a while

Unread post by High Country » August 7th, 2007, 8:58 pm

Hi FSC - I'm fairly sure you'll find they won't fit your new ute - 15" Pajero alloys won't go on the ML - neither with factory 15" alloys off the new model Hilux - front brake calipers are too big to clear. Had the same problem on my 04 T/D 2.8 Triton, when I wanted to go from the factory 16" alloys, to a 15" steel rim - I ended up using 15 x 8 ROH steels, suitable for Hilux / Patrol solid axles - unfortunately, I think you'll find the new ML does'nt have the clearance on the rear of the front guards, to run that type of offset. Cure for my ML, was put some 265/75R16 Cooper STTs, on the std alloys they come with.

Cheers.
And as I shifted into 4WD - I could\'nt remember a thing she said.......

FreestyleCab
Here and there

Unread post by FreestyleCab » August 11th, 2007, 8:27 am

You are correct High Country, I tried my alloys and steel rims and both hit the front face of the brake callipers. Both are p10mm offset.

Looking in the Mitsu manual, the offset of the factory alloys is p38mm.

Went into the local tyre place yesterday and asked for prices on ROH Trojan and RTX alloys (both of which have p30mm offset and fit the Triton.) $245 and $235 respectively. I have the guy looking into finding some steel sunraysia type rims. I would like to run 2 sets of tyres if I can afford it. The OEM tyres for long onroad trips and Cooper STTs for everything else.

Will probaly have to give up on the idea and just run STTs on the factory alloys as there are too many accessories on my shopping list....
Winch bar, snorkel, towbar, ute liner, canopy.......new cars=money pit.

High Country
Been here a while

Unread post by High Country » August 11th, 2007, 10:08 am

Hi FSC - thats what I've done - chucked the STTs on the std alloys - looks lots better with them, & looked after properly - the STTs last ok on the road. Realistically, even on-road, the std rubber is just useless.............(be better used at a wharf for protecting boats.........)

Re shopping list - I know the feeling - had mine for 2 wks yesterday, & its already had around 8k of extras added............

Cheers - P.
And as I shifted into 4WD - I could\'nt remember a thing she said.......

FreestyleCab
Here and there

Unread post by FreestyleCab » August 11th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Could you post some details and pics of what you have added?

Brett

subi_man
Been here a while

Unread post by subi_man » August 11th, 2007, 1:02 pm

FreestyleCab wrote:new cars=money pit.
High Country wrote:Re shopping list - I know the feeling - had mine for 2 wks yesterday, & its already had around 8k of extras added............
arghhhh it's a disease!!!!!! :crazy:
[size=75][size=84][color=Blue][b][i]Andrew[/i][/b][/color][/size]
ML Triton GLX-R with stuff.... [/SIZE][size=75][url=http://www.newtriton.net/rides.php?id=7&back=1]http://www.newtriton.net/rides.php?id=7&back=1[/url][url=http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/shed.php?view=1&id=7]Clickme![/url][/size]

triton_guru
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 15x7 Alloys on a ML Triton?

Unread post by triton_guru » March 14th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Heres my ml triton with 15" sunraysias and 33" maxxis bighorns no lift kit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigHit Guru

Return to “General Mitsubishi”