Will missing services make Pajero Factory Warranty VOID ???

Triple diamond talk
Doowrag
Been here a while

Will missing services make Pajero Factory Warranty VOID ???

Unread post by Doowrag » January 16th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Hi all,
I am hoping to be the proud owner of a 2012 Pajero in the coming weeks.
With the 5 year warranty offered by Mitsubishi I should be covered until mid 2017.
I viewed the log book today and it wasn't done for the 30000km or 60000km service however all others have been up to the current 80000km mark, next one due at 90000km. There were about 5 or 6 others done, I really wish I had taken photos of the log book now...

My question is does this void the factory warranty?
None of the services were completed by Mitsubishi.

Cheers
Chris

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Re: Pajero Factory Warranty VOID ???

Unread post by Shann Low » January 16th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Forget it! In my experience the "warranty" offered by Bitsamissing isn't worth the paper its written on.
Lad has a new 2014 triton... with a list of "very small" warranty items. Annoying stuff mainly - loose windscreen trim and minor windscreen leak, minor oil leak around the sump plug (probably just a new crush washer) that sort of thing... nothing that actually affects how the vehicle drives.... just minor annoying crap that you expect to be "right" when you buy a new car.

Bitsamissing dealer wants the car for a week!.
No Loaner car to get to work and back for that week.

Also (Get this)

Payable "up front" for warranty work - is a $197.00 / Item "Inspection fee" for the dealership to decide if the defect is covered under warranty! :eek:

These 10 small items on the list - that's $1970.00 to "decide if the item is warrant-able" & if it is warrant-able the inspection fee isn't refunded!.

So If it is decided the crush washer on the sump plug is a warranty item then YES Mitsy will provide a new $2 crush washer free of charge - HOWEVER, the vehicle owner is "liable for the labor cost of fitting!".

Capped price servicing for an oil change service? $600 plus!

Trust me forget about warranty, I saw a post on facebook recently where a new triton engine failed within 30,000km's and same Mitsy dealer won't honor warranty!

Owner went to a lawyer and had the contract voided and stopped paying repayments & bought a equivalent new car at a different dealership... and the lawyers sent the costs bill to the Mitsy dealership involved!.

The lawyer hunted around coz its a small town and found a string of other dis-satisfied customers and now there's a class action suit in the offing.

And

That $600 capped price service?

$60 bought 10 liters of diesel oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter!
$220 at Auto masters for the service & they complete the service book for warranty purposes & they do it while you wait.

So less than half the Mitsy dealers cost, never mind the ~$2K upfront "inspection fees to determine warranty claims"!

I ain't makin' this crap up..... The Lawyers are preparing to have Mitsy in Japan served with writs in order to get these dealerships "revoked" from head office in Japan.

Snowdrops gonna get real with this one!. ;)

V Williamson
Part of the furniture

Re: Will missing services make Pajero Factory Warranty VOID

Unread post by V Williamson » January 19th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Leaving aside Shann's misadventures for a moment, try ringing Mitsubishi Motors Aust on their Customer Assistance
1300 13 12 11 number (probably your local dealer on the other end) and ask if the missing services void the warranty. My understanding is that vehicle servicing for warranty purpose can be carried out by any licenced mechanic. Mitsubishi will have wanted to see a vehicle at least once every twelve months to carry through with the extra roadside assist warranty.

Now back to shann's problems... **&&%&%#$#@%$%##^$^!!!

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » January 19th, 2016, 9:10 pm

The car is still covered under warranty irrespective of whether it has been serviced or not or by whom. The issue becomes an argument when a claim is made - if the item is part of the car that is not serviceable then it is covered by warranty - if the failed item is one that would have been covered by servicing then the that is a different story and who knows.

Not much point is asking Mitishitti as they of course will say it is not covered by warranty to try and intimidate you - the people to ring is the ACCC help line or your local consumer affairs office. Warranties mean nothing these days - what counts is the Consumer Law.

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » January 20th, 2016, 1:51 pm

thanks guys.
i spoke to my local dealer and they didn't say much other than any claims would be assessed on its merits and it depends on the claim/problem.
Basically what Hobbit said.

cheers

Return to “General Mitsubishi”