e85 in pajeros

Triple diamond talk
mitspaj92
Here and there

e85 in pajeros

Unread post by mitspaj92 » October 26th, 2014, 5:22 pm

hi guys i dont know if this has come up in these forums if so can any direct me in the right direction i am thinking about trying to run e85 in my 93 pajero i have found these kits on ebay for about 50.00 bucks for the ev1 kits i just dont know enough about these kit to see how wellthey work or a scam so if any one has got one or played with e85 on gen2 paj would be great thanks

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: e85 in pajeros

Unread post by mydmax » October 26th, 2014, 8:24 pm

The E85 or infact any E fuel has less energy than petrol and the system will run on it but it requires more accelerator to attain the same energy input. The ECU doesn't know it is Ethanol based or % and although the fuel is theoretically cheaper it will use proportionately MORE fuel than the $ saving you think you are getting.

I have used Ultra petrol from a couple of brands in cars only and the total cost is no more with the more expensive fuel because it has more energy and nearly always gives more economy than on unleaded or middle octane unleaded.

If the vehicle is in proper condition, ie timing correct, best to check the base setting of that and the spark plugs are good, perhaps dual point plugs used if possible and air cleaner is clean for breathing properly, I would expect no more than normal running costs and highly likely ( I expect it will ) reduce the actual fuel running cost ie, it will go down with the use of Ultra 98 or equivalent.

With the use of Ultra it will run cleaner and make more power anyway, even if costs don't reduce.

E anything? NO!!!!, not until engines are specifically designed to run on it.

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » October 26th, 2014, 8:31 pm

even lawnmowers wont run properly on anything with ethanol in it, even LPG is better.

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Unread post by Boof mk triton » January 19th, 2015, 7:47 pm

I run my mower on power kero that i had lying about from when the old man had an old allis chalmers tractor. Safe to say it was better than any e fuel.
Boof
Somewhere in a land downunder...

Mods: plenty
To do: plenty more

My camper build - viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153623

Return to “General Mitsubishi”