Auto fluid leak between transfer & Auto trans - how to fix?

Triple diamond talk
Mitsman
Here and there

Auto fluid leak between transfer & Auto trans - how to fix?

Unread post by Mitsman » January 8th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Hey guys,

Im leaking trans fluid from in between the back of my auto and front of my transfer case (extension housing?)

I assume a rear seal has gone somewhere??? does anyone know if I can fix this with the auto still in the car by just removing the transfer case? Looks like fun!! :urgh:
175kw 6G75 Converted = Fun

neilsonleif
Here and there

Re: Auto fluid leak between transfer & Auto trans - how to f

Unread post by neilsonleif » January 11th, 2013, 11:35 am

Hey mitsman, assuming its a triton by your picture and a v6 as it has an auto then yes the transfer will separate from the auto whilst in the car, however they are glued together with sealant! See there is only 1 seal which stops the fluids transferring from transmission to transfer and visa versa, so to be leaking externally it will need resealing of the two units and should do the seal asw any way! Hope this helps!!??
You can't make ice cream from pig *****!!

Mitsman
Here and there

Re: Auto fluid leak between transfer & Auto trans - how to f

Unread post by Mitsman » January 11th, 2013, 11:47 am

Hey Neil
Yeah i got the V6, Iv just split the transfer off the auto and quite alot of fluid came out!! looks like too much glue was put on and was blocking the little drain hole!!

Im changing all the seals wile its apart, the auto output shaft seal, transfer input shaft seal and both transfer output shaft seals , all up about $110 for 4 seals
175kw 6G75 Converted = Fun

Return to “General Mitsubishi”