02 Grand Vitara - got any info to help plan mods/trips etc?

All Zook talk
Adam n Ros
I'm new, be nice!

02 Grand Vitara - got any info to help plan mods/trips etc?

Unread post by Adam n Ros » October 2nd, 2014, 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara. The only mod to the vehicle is a TJM bulbar. I am also new to Brisbane.

I had some questions that I put in the main questions section and members on here have offered some solid advice. I do however have some model specific questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

- Firstly can anyone recommend a entry level AT tyre for this model? Everything seems to be over $200 thus far? I don't need anything too special - just something suitable for a daily driver and a family day out doing entry level 4wding every couple of weekends.

- does this vehicle have diff breathers? I understand some of them do?

- Anyone have any idea of a safe depth of water crossing on these vehicles? On the main forum the recommendation was no higher then the tyres. What height is the air intake, ECU etc?

- Would a snorkel be a massive advantage? All the snorkels I can find online are around $400 + for this model...cheaper for most other vehicles. Is there an economical option? If I fit a snorkel, would I also have to do anything else such as move wiring / ECU etc to increase the water crossing ability of the vehicle?

- Has anyone fitted recovery points and can email me / post photos of where they fitted them? They are my first job before I go any further! Are there any specific spots on the chassis I should be looking at?

I don't want to spend lots of money or do anything extreme. I just want a vehicle that can do a bit of family friendly 4wding as I have young kids. Day trips at entry level areas are ideal.

Can anyone recommend a Suzuki club to join where I could tag along on a day trip or two and get some advice?

Cheers,
Adam

Return to “General Suzuki”